Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

Mafiabob

13 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I'm not, would just like to know what they thought they saw sometimes on  Contentious decisions. I wasn't moaning about not getting someone sent off.

Only contentious because you think that. You already made your mind up it's a red card and already concluded that the ref only gave a yellow because we were 2-0 up..... that's your thought process.....

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Everyone likes to blame officials. 

But when the rules are as such that if you're the last man, denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, then you get a red card... we are perfectly within our right to ask why. It's not even like he didn't think it was a foul, he booked the guy after all. 

Coincidentally, I know a guy who knows this ref well so I'll try and find out the thinking  

More than fine to ask why, it's the pre conceived thinking in the original post that the poster has already decided what he thinks I'm questioning.

If the official has got it wrong then that's fine. It's the pre conceived answer I'm questioning.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Coincidentally, I know a guy who knows this ref well so I'll try and find out the thinking  

I would be interested. Not about bashing officials, purely out of interest as week in week out , we see decisions in a game differently and people do slate officials and they can never really give their take on it. If I was a manager I would ask the question, not to argue with the decision but to find out their take on it. 

It is good to see us winning games again.

Credit to Rowett today for sticking with the same team and this gave the front four some zip and some incentive to show what they can do, with Nugent, Vydra and Russell making good contributions.

At this point, it is all about getting results and laying down foundations for a long season ahead and winning the games you should will only help that.

Another positive result v Sheff Utd and the outlook will be so different from a few weeks ago.

Couldn't go today due to work but sounds like we played well especially in the first half...well done Russell for what sounds like a good performance....wasn't surprised to see an unchanged line up and they have repaid GR big time.

I think Bolton will struggle this season but an away win in this league is never easy...well done!!:thumbsup:

btw Having just heard that Wood is on verge of leaving Leeds  I was wondering if they'd try a cheeky bid for Martin

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

More than fine to ask why, it's the pre conceived thinking in the original post that the poster has already decided what he thinks I'm questioning.

If the official has got it wrong then that's fine. It's the pre conceived answer I'm questioning.

Think you might be overthinking my original post. Like I said refs don't get to defend/justify contentious decisions. So we just are left wondering, nothing pre conceived 

24 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Only contentious because you think that. You already made your mind up it's a red card and already concluded that the ref only gave a yellow because we were 2-0 up..... that's your thought process.....

I never concluded anything, the 2-0 thought was a Gary Rowett suggestion in his interview . The fact I would like to hear the refs take on it would suggest a conclusion hasn't been made.

18 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

The bolton defender should have gone straight red but only gpt a yellow... saying that wisdom at the end should have been given a second yellow but wasnt 

There was a defender to jr's left who was moving quickly and may have got there, touch and go and I think it was the wrong decision but I can see why there was some doubt

Can't we use a players good performance to praise that player, not aim a backhanded attack on another player?! Nugent has won his place for excellent performances and I think he'll deservedly keep that place as he's proven himself with recent performances. But he won't keep it because chris Martin is fat, slow, or past it- he'll keep it because he's been the better player so far this season! Doesn't have to be any more complicated than that

21 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I never concluded anything, the 2-0 thought was a Gary Rowett suggestion in his interview . The fact I would like to hear the refs take on it would suggest a conclusion hasn't been made.

I'd rather have officials fully mic up like in Rugby then you'll hear the thought behind a decision. You'll still not please everyone, but it would have the above benefit to managers and fans, and then the media can't twist anything then..... and also cut dissent etc from players. It'll never happen though as clubs won't allow it. 

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

There was a defender to jr's left who was moving quickly and may have got there, touch and go and I think it was the wrong decision but I can see why there was some doubt

If GR had asked the ref after and this was his reasoning, and GR had relayed this when asked in his interview,we would all be able to say ok fair enough. But it's the not knowing is where 'official bashing' comes from . Now Spanish has posted this , at least I have some logical explanation for the decisions.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Can't we use a players good performance to praise that player, not aim a backhanded attack on another player?! Nugent has won his place for excellent performances and I think he'll deservedly keep that place as he's proven himself with recent performances. But he won't keep it because chris Martin is fat, slow, or past it- he'll keep it because he's been the better player so far this season! Doesn't have to be any more complicated than that

Nugent has had the chances and benefit from the formation used. Martin will have to wait for his chance and lets hope he has Vydra alongside him when that happens.

Archived