Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

Mafiabob

Superb performance today. Not 1 player had a bad game. Keogh and Davies were excellent defensively and seem to be forming a good partnership. Wisdom is getting better each week, Huddlestones best game since returning and the understanding between Vydra and Nugent is fantastic. Can't help but think its the end of the road for Martin. Rowett constantly talking about mobility from his front 4 and sadly Martin will never offer that. What a player he has been, but we can't keep someone for sentiments sake. If he isn't going to fit the way Rowett wants us to play, he should move on and we bring in another striker who fits the Rowett mould. IF Thorne and I know its a BIG IF can get fit and we add another couple of attacking options (personally would love to see Che Adams & Ryan Kent) I think we could be on to something!

Up The Rams!

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

To those who went, how was Lawrence in his cameo? 

Had a good turn that wrong-footed the defender and a snap shot that went just wide. Looks like he needs more time to work with the rest of the team and to get match sharp. Promising start.

18 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Superb performance today. Not 1 player had a bad game. Keogh and Davies were excellent defensively and seem to be forming a good partnership. Wisdom is getting better each week, Huddlestones best game since returning and the understanding between Vydra and Nugent is fantastic. Can't help but think its the end of the road for Martin. Rowett constantly talking about mobility from his front 4 and sadly Martin will never offer that. What a player he has been, but we can't keep someone for sentiments sake. If he isn't going to fit the way Rowett wants us to play, he should move on and we bring in another striker who fits the Rowett mould. IF Thorne and I know its a BIG IF can get fit and we add another couple of attacking options (personally would love to see Che Adams & Ryan Kent) I think we could be on to something!

Up The Rams!

I Thought it was significant that Klopp made quite a few changes today but still no place for Kent in his squad so surely he'll be going out on loan....think he'd do well for us :thumbsup:

Brilliant day on the p*** in s****y Bolton. Keogh a hero on his 250th appearance, Wisdom an absolute tank once again, da da da da da da Tommy Huddlestone having his best game yet, Johnny fighting for his place and Nuuuuuuuuuuuggggeee putting a marker down for Chris Martin (who's my hero). Good result. 7 points from 12 is not a bad start to the season. And yes, I'm drunk once again. Who cares. COYR! Wembley here we ******* come! Premier League champions 2018/19. Since I was young.

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Brilliant day on the p*** in s****y Bolton. Keogh a hero on his 250th appearance, Wisdom an absolute tank once again, da da da da da da Tommy Huddlestone having his best game yet, Johnny fighting for his place and Nuuuuuuuuuuuggggeee putting a marker down for Chris Martin (who's my hero). Good result. 7 points from 12 is not a bad start to the season. And yes, I'm drunk once again. Who cares. COYR! Wembley here we ******* come! Premier League champions 2018/19. Since I was young.

This is class post lol. 

I changed sport today and witnessed England take 19 wickets in a day....amazing. There were a few Rams behind me at Edgbaston also!

Anyway, sod that, any win in the championship is a good win. 7 pts from 12 is a solid start, need another solid points haul from next 4 games. It's all about picking up enough points to stay in the hunt until we find our feet 10-12 games in.

Decent start, can't read too much into it. 

Unless you're a red dog like my colleague who no doubt will be saying Forest are a shoe in for top 6 now they beat Boro! He's already said if Forest play like they did in defeat to Barnsley then few teams will beat them!!! ???

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

What was the away atmosphere like today DEL ? 

78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide, 0.002% neon etc

10 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

People saying it's harsh to change the team... a profession football manager should be able to put the team he thinks is best suited to winning the game out every week, and as an experienced pro Russell should understand and accept any tactical decision. If Russell would upset the dressing room if dropped then he shouldn't be a player we want to have at all. 

And if Gary thinks we have a better chance of winning with Russell in I'd be concerned. 

Hes trained almost all week with them now, Lawrence will be as assimilated to the squad as he's going to be without him playing. He actually has to play to get used to the style. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I changed sport today and witnessed England take 19 wickets in a day....amazing. There were a few Rams behind me at Edgbaston also!

Anyway, sod that, any win in the championship is a good win. 7 pts from 12 is a solid start, need another solid points haul from next 4 games. It's all about picking up enough points to stay in the hunt until we find our feet 10-12 games in.

Decent start, can't read too much into it.

Saw the Derbados flag yesterday and a rams top the day before on telly. 

Archived