Best Ever TV Shows

Comrade 86

51 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Well most folk seem to like it - I watched most of the first series but it didn't really do anything for me so I just gave up. In fairness, I don't really do the whole fantasy thing. Equally, I can categorically state it is NOT the only thing worth watching :p

It is the only thing worth watching that is on tv at the moment. There are other things but they are in between seasons.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some that haven't been mentioned off the top of my head

Someone said Last Airbender so if we're including animated I'll say Attack on Titan 

Mr Robot

Eastbound and Down

Carl Sagan said Twin Peaks but the new series is almost like a different show (+I'll second the Expanse)

Oh and has anyone mentioned Game of Thrones?

Tiswas

Auf Wiedersehen Pet

Boys from the blackstuff

Spitting Image

Monty Python

Star Soccer

Sportsnight with Coleman

Match of the Day

FA Cup Final coverage on BBC before the SKY/Murdoch era takeover.

8 out of 10 Cats do Countdown (because of Rachel Riley)

On ‎9‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:06, 86 points said:

Deadwood - how much do I love that show! Forgot all about it. Might need a second viewing :thumbsup:

They're making a movie of it to continue the story. The entire cast except Powers Booth have signed up too. The idea of a movie to wrap up the story has been around for a while but I'm not sure whether it is intended to be a once-off or the first of a number of them.

If they follow the life story of Al Swearingen, for instance, I find it hard to believe that could be done in one movie, especially with the richness of the storytelling in Deadwood itself. (Don't google his name if you don't want to know what happens to him.)

Do watch it again by the way; it is one of those things that you pick up elements of detail you missed first time around. I'm going to have a third viewing at some point.

1 hour ago, EssendonRam said:

They're making a movie of it to continue the story. The entire cast except Powers Booth have signed up too. The idea of a movie to wrap up the story has been around for a while but I'm not sure whether it is intended to be a once-off or the first of a number of them.

If they follow the life story of Al Swearingen, for instance, I find it hard to believe that could be done in one movie, especially with the richness of the storytelling in Deadwood itself. (Don't google his name if you don't want to know what happens to him.)

Do watch it again by the way; it is one of those things that you pick up elements of detail you missed first time around. I'm going to have a third viewing at some point.

Yeah, as I said, I absolutely loved it. It's kind of a little known treasure, it seems to me. Being a full-on potty mouth the language did make me laugh. Surely the highest swear-count ever, The Commitments notwithstanding. I thought at one stage they were planning another series and I then read got shelved so I'd love it if they did do something to round it all off :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

Would love to know what happened to Jack Langrishe myself. 

Al : You're looking f****** well, Jack.

Jack : It's the learning f****** nothing, Al, that keeps me young.

Wonderful character.

Archived