RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Don't know about the streaming problems but.....

Ramstv is now superb quality.

the design of the studio, the graphics, the presentation by owen, the guests, the interviews...all absolutely superb.

agreed, all I have is niggles which is shown up in comparison with some great quality.  The sound quality in the 'studio' is often poor with an echo and the guests are sometimes difficult to hear, just nitpicking really

22 minutes ago, Spanish said:

agreed, all I have is niggles which is shown up in comparison with some great quality.  The sound quality in the 'studio' is often poor with an echo and the guests are sometimes difficult to hear, just nitpicking really

Yes. I noticed the echo. Lots of hard surfaces.

but it is a quality product. 

On 17/12/2017 at 09:31, A Ram for All Seasons said:

The video was great, but  the strange thing was that little snippets of Friday night's U23 commentary kept creeping in. Very odd.

The official site (annoyingly) has taken to forcing auto-play videos upon us, they pop up down at the bottom right of the screen unwelcome and unannounced.

I'd guess that you may have had more than one window/tab open and one of those little blighters was playing intermittently on a separate screen.

31 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The official site (annoyingly) has taken to forcing auto-play videos upon us, they pop up down at the bottom right of the screen unwelcome and unannounced.

I'd guess that you may have had more than one window/tab open and one of those little blighters was playing intermittently on a separate screen.

I have to agree, I like almost everything about the website apart from the annoying autoplay videos. The worst part is the audio keeps playing after you click the close button. 

If I want to watch Rowett's press conference, I'll watch it. I don't need to be reminded everytime I go on a new page. 

I was watching the match replay and I could hear the audio from the autoplay video I'd closed in the background. 

40 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I have to agree, I like almost everything about the website apart from the annoying autoplay videos. The worst part is the audio keeps playing after you click the close button. 

If I want to watch Rowett's press conference, I'll watch it. I don't need to be reminded everytime I go on a new page. 

THIS!

The popup videos are excessively annoying. Why do it DCFC?!?

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I was watching the match replay and I could hear the audio from the autoplay video I'd closed in the background. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

THIS!

The popup videos are excessively annoying. Why do it DCFC?!?

8 minutes ago, Hucknall Ram said:

When you play a video the autoplay plays another video (quieter) in the background, very annoying

Thats HTML5 Autoplay.

Most browsers have an extension you can add that disables it. I use google Chrome, and it has an extension literally called "Disable HTML5 Autoplay" - solves the problem.

EDIT:

Here'w how to solve it on any browser (that can):

https://www.lifewire.com/stop-autoplay-video-4151927

Edited by SaintRam

43 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Thats HTML5 Autoplay.

Most browsers have an extension you can add that disables it. I use google Chrome, and it has an extension literally called "Disable HTML5 Autoplay" - solves the problem.

EDIT:

Here'w how to solve it on any browser (that can):

https://www.lifewire.com/stop-autoplay-video-4151927

Yeah, ta.

"Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer

Edge is Microsoft’s latest and greatest browser, and the one that’s supposed to replace Internet Explorer, but it doesn’t have the ability to turn off video autoplay as of this writing. The same is true of Internet Explorer. Sorry, Microsoft fans, but you’re out of luck for now."

But anyway I don't want to stop all popup videos just the really, really annoying ones that popup on every page of the DCFC official website.

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, ta.

"Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer

Edge is Microsoft’s latest and greatest browser, and the one that’s supposed to replace Internet Explorer, but it doesn’t have the ability to turn off video autoplay as of this writing. The same is true of Internet Explorer. Sorry, Microsoft fans, but you’re out of luck for now."

But anyway I don't want to stop all popup videos just the really, really annoying ones that popup on every page of the DCFC official website.

No-one should us Microsoft's browsers ;)

This only stops the vids that autoplay when you open a page, doesnt stop anything you click-on yourself.

5 hours ago, Coconut said:

I'm sure you're right. At home I use Adblock Plus for Firefox to block those pesky little popups and it works very well, so much so that I had forgotten they were there. Obviously there's no equivalent for Android, as Google want to treat you to as many ads and popups as possible.

I tried faffing about with my Android phone to try to close the frame in the background that was causing the problem, but the three little buttons at the bottom of the screen also disappear when the video is played in the full-screen mode (by default?) and I usually ended up losing the stream. So I decided to grin and bear it.

Does anybody know if there is a way to disable the autoplay in Chrome for Android?

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Yes. I noticed the echo. Lots of hard surfaces.

but it is a quality product. 

That echo is a flanging or chorusing effect caused by the audio signal being split to give identical copies that are then played slightly out of synch with each other. Even the adverts are affected!

The show itself is excellent and I really look forward to watching it, but the technical issues do let it down.

Nevermind autoplay and the DET, its RamsTv that is titled in this thread, and gives me no end of problems with freeye framing, starting and stopping while the audio plays at a regular rate. Watching the Villa review show is impossible :(

Bring back non resource hungry video like you get on youtube, or even facebook live.
Radio derbys camera in the studio for the phone in, on any device, on any browser seems to play video and audio flawlessly in comparison to the jittery ramstv. No doubt using Mp4s:(

Edited by jagerbob
addition

When you say downloaded the app what do you mean ? I just log on to site with safari and open the watch live player ,, is there some kind of app you download?

Just watched the preview show on Rams TV - absolutely brilliant. It's like Football Focus (minus the crap) just for Derby. Rams TV is getting better all the time and i can only see all clubs (well at least Champ and Prem) doing this in future. At this present time, you can't beat sky / BT etc but they must looking over their shoulder and thinking about the impact of potentially 92 clubs all chipping away at their monopoly. Another feather in Mel's cap i say.

And the way in which in sky and especially BT keep putting up their prices, it won't be long before more fans 'move abroad' to watch RamsTV every week / game. Judging from the match day chat, i never knew so many fans live overseas.