Sunderland v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

The only change I could see from Saturday is to play Bryson instead of Butterfield to press more and go beyond Martin. Other than that I think it will be the same team.

personally I think we have a better 4231 team than 433 these days, but need better wingers so two players required. If we are staying with 433 I think we need 3 players, 2 wingers and a better CAM.

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-1. Sunderland early goal. You'll still be getting a beer while it's happening so you'll miss it. Your mate says it was Keoghs fault. You wait for the replay before passing judgement. The replay shows nothing of the sort.

Derby equalise on the half hour mark and then the game dies a death. All in all we decide 1-1 is okay for a season opener where we're still finding our fitness. 

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

77 points... That's 10 more than we got last year and only one point fewer than 15/16s total. 

Didn't get play offs though did it. Who cares how many points you get unless it means you finish in the play offs or higher. 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Didn't get play offs though did it. Who cares how many points you get unless it means you finish in the play offs or higher. 

I'm not trying to be some kind of McClaren apologist here but I really didn't think I'd need to tell you that 77 points and 85 the season before doesn't really constitute "not working". In fact it worked more often than it didn't work so it's nonsense to say otherwise.

Was it getting us over the line? No, but it was successful. 

3 hours ago, jagerbob said:

How low must DET go to run this as a story. Let the Tabloids and social media come out with such b*******.
The story it self is bad enough but then to show the video of an obviously drunk footballer saying things he thinks is in confidence to lads down the pub is pretty low stooping if you ask me.

I also see it as no surprise whatso ever to state that a couple of foreign boys only here for the money of the EPL are less than enthuiastic at playing 2nd tier football. Does anyone?

They always end up going to another countries top division to play if they are good enough.

He's in a public place, speaking about things that people are clearly interested in. Public interest defence will win out every time in that situation. 

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed - going on a night out a week before the season starts, just after his team has been trashed 5-0. 

The fans need investigating why they decided to film a player from their club pissed and then tagging all the tabloids on Twitter.

Why not privately send it to the club, let it be dealt with behind closed doors. All they've done is created more problems for the club they support a week before the season kicks off.

Got a few retweets mind you so guess it was all worth it.

50 minutes ago, David said:

The fans need investigating why they decided to film a player from their club pissed and then tagging all the tabloids on Twitter.

Why not privately send it to the club, let it be dealt with behind closed doors. All they've done is created more problems for the club they support a week before the season kicks off.

Can't be sure it was just Sunderland fans. Could be a Newcastle or Middlesbrough or any other fan. It's not as if only Sunderland fans would know who he is.

Sunderland fan in peace here - All I'll say is that if you don't win on Friday you'll have missed an absolute trick. The club is in as bad a position as I can remember (I've admittedly only been a season ticket holder for 20 years but it's not like we've been short of disasters since then). I know I wasn't alone in feeling relieved to be relegated because it seemed like it would at least force Ellis Short to sell up and break the cycle of complete mismanagement and lack of interest, but since the takeover talks fell through earlier this summer things have gone from bad to worse.

We've now reached a point where losing 5-0 to Celtic and then having one of our theoretically senior players recorded calling us s**** when he's pissed isn't even that exceptional, it's just another in the long line of predictable shitness coming out of the Stadium of Light. We're overloaded with poor, uninterested players on massive wages, dragging down the odd half decent kid we might have floating about in the ranks. I've no idea whether we'll get relegated this season but it would hardly surprise me, and I certainly agree with those commenters earlier in this thread saying we'll be closer to the bottom six than the top six come May. If you've got any sense you'll come hard out of the traps in the first twenty minutes, one goal and we'll collapse, the minute that happens we'll get the usual boos and walkouts and you'll be off to the races.

Anyway, hope nobody minds me interjecting here - always had a great day out at Derby and hope you finally manage to get yourselves out of the division this year, best of luck with the season, can guarantee it's going to be better than ours.

8 minutes ago, LostMackem said:

Sunderland fan in peace here - All I'll say is that if you don't win on Friday you'll have missed an absolute trick. The club is in as bad a position as I can remember (I've admittedly only been a season ticket holder for 20 years but it's not like we've been short of disasters since then). I know I wasn't alone in feeling relieved to be relegated because it seemed like it would at least force Ellis Short to sell up and break the cycle of complete mismanagement and lack of interest, but since the takeover talks fell through earlier this summer things have gone from bad to worse.

We've now reached a point where losing 5-0 to Celtic and then having one of our theoretically senior players recorded calling us s**** when he's pissed isn't even that exceptional, it's just another in the long line of predictable shitness coming out of the Stadium of Light. We're overloaded with poor, uninterested players on massive wages, dragging down the odd half decent kid we might have floating about in the ranks. I've no idea whether we'll get relegated this season but it would hardly surprise me, and I certainly agree with those commenters earlier in this thread saying we'll be closer to the bottom six than the top six come May. If you've got any sense you'll come hard out of the traps in the first twenty minutes, one goal and we'll collapse, the minute that happens we'll get the usual boos and walkouts and you'll be off to the races.

Anyway, hope nobody minds me interjecting here - always had a great day out at Derby and hope you finally manage to get yourselves out of the division this year, best of luck with the season, can guarantee it's going to be better than ours.

I feel bad for you all, it is utterly rubbish that your club continues to sell you a product whilst clearly trying to just run the whole place into ground so it's as cheap and low hassle as possible for your wantaway owner.

On the one hand... Good luck for the season. On the other I kind of hope you don't go up for a few years because your ownership doesn't deserve to pocket the moolah.

17 minutes ago, LostMackem said:

Sounds like when Derby were relegated from the prem. You need a strong willed, Nigel Clough-type manager to sort out that kind of mess.

3 hours ago, David said:

Barcodes! 

Archived