Gary and his phone

drgoodspeak

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Racist!!!!!!

Tbh, I think that says more about your attitude to race than it does his.

A textbook case of shameful racist projection, making someone else feel bad for your feelings.

Just now, curtains said:

No I like positivity but what do you base it on . 2 best players out a few oldies in lol

I agree that the 2 outs ain't great news but give the oldies a chance before righting them off. Plus as previously stated the window is still open. If it was closed then obviously my positivity would be diminished but whilst it remains open I live in hope that we can adequately replace Ince and Hughes. 

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I think it was apparent before the Northampton game that the squad needs improving to compete.

Only time will tell if GR has the magic ingredient to get the best out of this set of so called bottling no hopers. Not my words may I hasten to add but seen them called that often on here. 

2 hours ago, David said:

I don't see anything wrong in refusing to pay the obsecene fees that are going around, isn't that something we complained heavily about after the summer of 2015?

Before you moan and groan, do we know how much clubs are asking for their players? Numbers out arse time, let's say Leicester are demanding £10m for Lawrence, is he worth that? Looks a player from the tiny bits I've seen but he's another player that is coming off the back of one decent season scoring 9 goals, was that a one off? Would we all be sat here next summer questioning the sanity of paying £10m for Lawrence when he's scored a single goal?

Not like Rowett has even said he's happy with the squad this is it, all he's saying is he's not paying the ridiculous valuations, my guess is he's banking on clubs to fold first and offer a better deal so they can move, if not we'll go as we are which is still a very good squad fit this league.

The frustration this summer is effectively giving away our prize asset for peanuts. And then saying clubs are asking silly money for players that we won't or can't pay. Koeman came out today and said Barkley's going. In the current market that will probably be for £50m or something daft. We had a ready-made replacement Everton have made noises about in the recent past, the second youngest England U21 international of all time, who perhaps we'd reluctantly have allowed to step into the breach for, say, £25m (in these inflated times).

Instead we pushed him out of the door as soon as the window opened for nothing and then complain everyone else is asking too much. If everyone's valuations are considered "ridiculous" it's clear we're the ones who've undervalued a key player. I know I should move on but the manner of Hughes' departure was unfathomable and hard to get over.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The frustration this summer is effectively giving away our prize asset for peanuts. And then saying clubs are asking silly money for players that we won't or can't pay. Koeman came out today and said Barkley's going. In the current market that will probably be for £50m or something daft. We had a ready-made replacement Everton have made noises about in the recent past, the second youngest England U21 international of all time, who perhaps we'd reluctantly have allowed to step into the breach for, say, £25m (in these inflated times).

Instead we pushed him out of the door as soon as the window opened for nothing and then complain everyone else is asking too much. If everyone's valuations are considered "ridiculous" it's clear we're the ones who've undervalued a key player. I know I should move on but the manner of Hughes' departure was unfathomable and hard to get over.

Making noises in the media doesn't = bids, in fact many media noises are column fillers, clicks or agents trying to drum up interest.

Not only that you also assume Derby pushed him out the door after the first bid came in, do you not think if there was any possibility at all of Everton becoming interested Hughes agent would have known, told him to sit and wait, do you not think his agent may have done the rounds to let clubs know he was available and there was no other interest? Watford being the only club.

If it was such a ridiculous fee, how come only one club were interested, the Everton Barkley situation isn't new, that went back to the end of last season when it became public knowledge Barkley wasn't signing the new contract, for such a bargain Everton with the money they are splashing would have take a punt regardless of Barkley still at the club?

all managers have their preferences

Nigel clough  - friends and family

paul jewell - mucky chat lines

Nigel pearson - silent caller number witheld

schteve mclaren - callback

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

all managers have their preferences

Nigel clough  - friends and family

paul jewell - mucky chat lines

Nigel pearson - silent caller number witheld

schteve mclaren - callback

I can well imagine NigelPearson really enjoying all those silent caller number witheld calls he gets. Probably joins in with heavy breathing ones.

Nigel Clough's favorite number is clearly John Brayford.

George Burley's was Tudguy's misses

Billy Davies' favorite number is the talking clock. One day the clock will admit its wrong and has been undermining him....

Phil Brown - every tanning salon. Probably has an app listing all of them.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

You've saved me a post, I was going to make precisely the same points. If we allowed our star players to leave for a transfer fee that selling clubs are now eclipsing for equivalent players then Rowett may as well have come out and said we sold Hughes and Ince far too cheaply if we can't source the same quality player for the same price.  Is pretty disappointing whichever way you slice it.

For once we're not buying for the fun of it which is good. I still feel we might panic buy when Clubs are not budging on there valuation. Shame we're the other side of the scale where any reasonable bit comes in we accept then holding out.

12 hours ago, curtains said:

Didn't Steve McClaren last January say the same thing something to the effect he couldn't find players at the right price to improve the squad. 

He was in effect happy with the squad 

What tosh. Why does that mean he's happy with the squad?. It means he wants to improve the squad but can't/won't spend stupid money to do so.

14 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

I've done some siginificant research (30 seconds googling + guesswork) and the "lowest" possible phone number in the UK is 0113 200 0000.

So, theoretically, GR won't have a problem paying up to £1,131,999,999 for a player if you count the STD. If no STD, that's a more conservative £1,999,999 limit.

I for one will embrace this new system and if you want to discuss it with me, I'm on £7,880,672,897.

There are much cheaper options available.

For £100 you get an accomplished operator

For £101 you get someone to police the midfield

For £150 you get a real mobile player

For £999 you can get a flashy player who ought to be a siren signing

Archived