Gary and his phone

drgoodspeak

3 minutes ago, David said:

You would hope Martin will replace Ince's goals, Hughes as much as I loved him we are not short in that area, Christie as been replaced with Wisdom and Camara as been replaced with a new broom.

Don't think anyone will say this squad is the finished article, close the window now, but nor are we a club in desperation. This squad should be competing for top 6 as it is now, we all and I'm sure Rowett as well would like to add a couple more if possible to make things a little easier.

We have a bit of money now, let's spend it wisely this time, if that can't be done this window in 4 months time we can look again.

Fair enough.  

I can see that point of view. 

To be clear I'm totally happy we have Rowett as our manager I wish him and DCFC a good season. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Didn't Steve McClaren last January say the same thing something to the effect he couldn't find players at the right price to improve the squad. 

He was in effect happy with the squad 

I believe he did and I do agree that if you can't genuinely improve on a position then don't waste money ? 

rowett has signed

wisdom to replace Christie and wisdom is seen as a better defender and Christie was in his last year of contract 

Davies to replace Pearce in the team or the now injured a lot shackell 

huddlestone to replace Thorne who again can be absent for long periods and this allows Johnson to move forward and score goals

all these seem like improvements to me 

yes we sold Hughes and Ince but they wanted to leave basically 

Get the winger we needed last season. The winger to replace Ince. The centre mid to replace Hughes. I think that's when we can say we've had a good window. 

Three signings, all fairly important to our chances. I feel without these then we are highly unlikely to improve on last season's points tally. 

Last season we went out and spent £4.5 million on a so called winger in Anya to replace either Ince or Russell as Pearson didn't like either - now I didn't like Pearson ! And the message is that other teams players are rarely better than the ones you already have! When you have been in and around the top six - you usually need them all to be fit and available! 

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

It's no bad thing if we are asking a manager as talented as he to make the most of what he's got, rather than buying improvements, surely?

That's one of the most stupid things I've ever read. I say we let Leicester name their price for Lawrence & James, bring in Jota for telephone number money... and get that Che Adams, because he looks like a cheeky little monkey.

"Make the most of what he's got"... Jeez.

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

That's one of the most stupid things I've ever read. I say we let Leicester name their price for Lawrence & James, bring in Jota for telephone number money... and get that Che Adams, because he looks like a cheeky little monkey.

Racist!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Give the guy (GR) a chance we haven't kicked a ball in angry yet as the season not started yet suddenly the sky is falling in on us reducing us to rack and ruin.

Woe is us.

Just goes to show that even if it's a competitive game or preseason friendly then a defeat still sends some people into a meltdown. 

23 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'm taking it that's the first post of mine you've read?

Just now, HantsRam said:

I don't. Wrote in another thread that I don't expect to see garys squad near complete until after next summer. 

He can't shift the unwanted. So contracts will have to be run down :(

I'm still predicting 11th 

Better than half way then lol .

They need a good start and then they may get too 6 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

But look at what the thread is about.   It's about Derby not spending as GR puts it telephone number figures on the likes of Lawrence etc 

Regardless, don't understand some of the negativity when the transfer window is still open and a ball hasn't even been kicked competitively yet. 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Regardless, don't understand some of the negativity when the transfer window is still open and a ball hasn't even been kicked competitively yet. 

It's a forum mate.  

All the Championship sides start from the same base.  Zero points. 

The Champioship is a tough league. 

Archived