v TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Match Thread

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to judge, be critical of the way the way play, the shape, today will the game. Although worth remembering the opposition are a tad bit better than what we will face this season.

Using my unproven mind reading ability I think Rowett's personal preference would be 4-2-3-1 although transfer activity will dictate otherwise, throw in Vydra's lack of pre season and Bent's injury, playing Nugent behind Martin is all our eggs in one basket. No firepower at all to bring in off the bench. 

If I was a betting man Vydra is not his cup of tea. Not to say the injuries are a cover up, just the way he was dropped at the end of last season, didn't feature at all, similar to Hughes.

I am convinced Jota and Lawrence are on the shortlist, with Russell would have formed the 3 behind Martin. Don't groan at Russell, I'm tapping into my mind reading ability as I say, chased him whilst with Birmingham says he likes the guy, 2+2=

Back to 4-3-3 for now.

Carson, Forsyth, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Johnson, Butterfield, Weimann, Martin, Russell

Would put money on that being the team for Sunderland as well, the only possible change would be Bryson for Butterfield which you could say is kinda worrying given the size of the squad there isn't more question marks over certain positions. Bennett I'm sure will feature but will need to impress coming off the bench. 

Talking of which the bench, again no real surprises, Mitchell, Pearce, Olsson, Baird, Anya, Bennett, Nugent

1 hour ago, David said:

If you want to judge, be critical of the way the way play, the shape, today will the game. Although worth remembering the opposition are a tad bit better than what we will face this season.

Using my unproven mind reading ability I think Rowett's personal preference would be 4-2-3-1 although transfer activity will dictate otherwise, throw in Vydra's lack of pre season and Bent's injury, playing Nugent behind Martin is all our eggs in one basket. No firepower at all to bring in off the bench. 

If I was a betting man Vydra is not his cup of tea. Not to say the injuries are a cover up, just the way he was dropped at the end of last season, didn't feature at all, similar to Hughes.

I am convinced Jota and Lawrence are on the shortlist, with Russell would have formed the 3 behind Martin. Don't groan at Russell, I'm tapping into my mind reading ability as I say, chased him whilst with Birmingham says he likes the guy, 2+2=

Back to 4-3-3 for now.

Carson, Forsyth, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Johnson, Butterfield, Weimann, Martin, Russell

Would put money on that being the team for Sunderland as well, the only possible change would be Bryson for Butterfield which you could say is kinda worrying given the size of the squad there isn't more question marks over certain positions. Bennett I'm sure will feature but will need to impress coming off the bench. 

Talking of which the bench, again no real surprises, Mitchell, Pearce, Olsson, Baird, Anya, Bennett, Nugent

I would go with that starting 433 line up mate

yikes.gif We're having visitors this afternoon and they are travelling a fair way to see us. 

I'd got my day planned and it all revolved around the match of course. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. Hope we put on a decent show against what I believe will be a good opposition. 

Have a great afternoon those going and enjoy the game those watching the stream.

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, Srg said:

Gonna await the melt down when we get dominated by a Champions League team. 

No i cant wait for Russell to score a hatrick but some posters on here come on saying yeah ok he scored 3 but what else did he do?

Just now, Paul71 said:

No i cant wait for Russell to score a hatrick but some posters on here come on saying yeah ok he scored 3 but what else did he do?

Finding it hard to resist one those claims about tattooing his face on my arse if that happens. 

Sith Happens
Just now, Srg said:

Finding it hard to resist one those claims about tattooing his face on my arse if that happens. 

Ok, 2 goals.

Back 6 chooses itself if we play 4-3-3 today, reckon Butters and BJ make up the rest of midfield. It's just a question of who starts up front, wouldn't mind Bennett and Weimann playing off Martin personally. I'll be a little saddened if Russell gets the start today, as the point of pre-season is to get fitness up and to find players that are going to hit form early, Russell definitely isn't hitting form from what we've seen in the friendlies

6 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Back 6 chooses itself if we play 4-3-3 today, reckon Butters and BJ make up the rest of midfield. It's just a question of who starts up front, wouldn't mind Bennett and Weimann playing off Martin personally. I'll be a little saddened if Russell gets the start today, as the point of pre-season is to get fitness up and to find players that are going to hit form early, Russell definitely isn't hitting form from what we've seen in the friendlies

Fitness levels and patterns of play for me. - basic starting 8 with a few variables in the side today I expect 

34 minutes ago, Srg said:

Or... Tattooing his arse on your face - now that would get you really noticed (and you could get work as a Steve Bruce lookalike)

Should be a very interesting game today, I'm looking forward to it.

One of England's brightest 'young' managers vs one of Germany's brightest managers. Remember the result doesn't matter because I highly doubt that either manager spent time assessing the strengths and weaknesses of each other's teams, we will be focusing on the Sunderland game and the bundesliga season doesn't start for a while yet so it's a fitness exercise for them.

Lots of rumours in Germany that the Hoffenheim manager(Nagelsmann) will become the next Bayern manager when Ancelotti leaves so at least we will be able to say that we saw him before many others did.

Interesting video on Hoffenheim, 

Squad for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim: Carson, Mitchell, Roos, Baird, Wisdom, Davies, Keogh, Pearce, Forsyth, Olsson, Butterfield, Bryson, Huddlestone, Hanson, Johnson, Anya, Bennett, Russell, Weimann, Blackman, Martin, Nugent, Vydra.

Good ol 7-5-5-3 formation, with 3 in net. Classic Gary, they'll never see it coming

First outing for RamNuts five summer signings (in a parallel universe) 

1 x 22 years old, 3 x 21 years old, 1 x 19 years old 

building for the future

still has an average age of 25 due to the rest of Dads army.

Carson 

mccarthy. Keogh Lindsay Forsyth

.                    Bryson

.     Crowley.        Hughes

robinson.     Martin.     Kiwomya

Archived