my advise to gary rowett

B4ev6is

If you use 433 422 4411 or 4321 for me to be successful in these formation to move the ball quickly dont give the oppersition a chance to work out what we are upto. I think best way is by hit and move football with shot passes and on the floor if we are trying open up space on the edge of oppersition box. But if we are struggleing break down teams then maybe a long ball over the top but have runners ready to get the ball and try run into the ball and have a shot at goal.

But when it comes to free kicks it is okay drifting balls into the box top right or top left for players to run on and get something on it. But it is okay to run and smack it one like steven davies did against blackpool if my memory holds me right from.about half way line and went flying into the next but love to see one drilled hard and low against the ground.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just what have seen over the years and what i saw watching helights at doncaster game. When keogh scored from that header there was lots of movement in the box and doncaster did not have a clue who to pick up.

But when we conceaded for me when i movement stopped and became to easy to read and knew what we were trying to do.

But at port vale we had lots of movement and 4 or 5 players hit and move football they did not know who to pick up. But when pace slow down and our pressing stop they took over thr game. So for me while keep moving on and off the ball we look dangerouse creating plenty of chances.

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thing is how often did we see last season and season before were teams had runner all over the place when we come near the ball it been moved on quickly.

So your suggesting we use a quick runner in every game. Nick Blackman perhaps?? 

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

If you use 433 422 4411 or 4321 for me to be successful in these formation to move the ball quickly dont give the oppersition a chance to work out what we are upto. I think best way is by hit and move football with shot passes and on the floor if we are trying open up space on the edge of oppersition box. But if we are struggleing break down teams then maybe a long ball over the top but have runners ready to get the ball and try run into the ball and have a shot at goal.

But when it comes to free kicks it is okay drifting balls into the box top right or top left for players to run on and get something on it. But it is okay to run and smack it one like steven davies did against blackpool if my memory holds me right from.about half way line and went flying into the next but love to see one drilled hard and low against the ground.

I agree b4, short quick passes, pass and move is always the most attractive form of football and often the most effective.

Hopefully we will have a great season.

I think the 422 should be 442 that said you have picked 4 different formations. 

I think that part of our problems have come from the opposition knowing what we are going to do and how we are set up. I suspect GR will have a favoured formation and it looks like 4231 but let's hope things can change and our formation can change to adapt a different style when needed. 

I think Huddersfield tried it at our ground last season but it didn't quite come off.

Archived