Sheyi Ojo joined Fulham on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Any updates???

No. A mate said he saw on a general football twitter a/c he had signed. Not seen anything myself except  6 day old tweet from a rubbish twitter a/c. Probably nonsense. I don't do twitter so I will let you young uns investigate. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

No. A mate said he saw on a general football twitter a/c he had signed. Not seen anything myself except  6 day old tweet from a rubbish twitter a/c. Probably nonsense. I don't do twitter so I will let you young uns investigate. 

That's good enough for me!

SHEYIIIIIIIII'S A RAM!!!!!!!!!! OJO OJO OJO!!!!!

Dotn think he is the answer. From what ive seen and read he seems an awful lot like some wingers weve curretnly got or had previously who have been unsuccesful. Im hoping for Kent instead. With him and Lawrence I would fancy us to make some noise in this league.

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Would take Ojo on loan for sure, only if we go for another (Lawrence) as well. I'd be disappointed if this was the "very high quality" replacement for Ince. 

Just as @SuperDerbySuperRams said in the past, Rowett is clearly after a wideman that sticks to the wing, and another that can play centrally. Tom Lawrence is clearly first choice for the latter, so I'd expect Ojo to be the man he wants to play as an out-and-out winger. 

I'd personally be happy with this. Showed sparks of excellence at Wolves, and clearly rated by Klopp. If he's good enough for that lovable German, then he's good enough for me! 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Apparently he's making a decision on Thursday with us and Fulham the frontrunners: https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfer-news/2017/8/2/16084364/liverpool-fc-transfer-news-sheyi-ojo-decide-between-derby-county-fulham-loan

Is it better to develop Ojo ahead of Bennett?

The question is whether short term Ojo is better for the club than long term Bennett?

1 minute ago, rynny said:

The question is whether short term Ojo is better for the club than long term Bennett?

I think the answer is Ojo. Has impressed a lot more during his loan spells at Wigan and Wolves than Bennett did at Burton Albion. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think the answer is Ojo. Has impressed a lot more during his loan spells at Wigan and Wolves than Bennett did at Burton Albion. 

Will we get more out of 1 season of Ojo than what we could out of Bennett for as long as he is here? Don't forget that will include a transfer fee eventually for Bennett. I don't think it is straight forward and simple.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Will we get more out of 1 season of Ojo than what we could out of Bennett for as long as he is here? Don't forget that will include a transfer fee eventually for Bennett. I don't think it is straight forward and simple.

For me Bennett should go out on loan again half or full season, to show what he can do. Not convinced we'll get enough out of him.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

You're right it isn't. On a basic level though, I see one player who is an out-an-out winger, highly-rated and at a Premier League club, looking to prove himself. The other is a more raw player, who has played in a number of positions such as ST, CAM, LW, RW, who hasn't set the world alight despite loan spells and being at the club for long time. We want promotion, and to me it seems Ojo is the more likely to contribute to that goal. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

You're right it isn't. On a basic level though, I see one player who is an out-an-out winger, highly-rated and at a Premier League club, looking to prove himself. The other is a more raw player, who has played in a number of positions such as ST, CAM, LW, RW, who hasn't set the world alight despite loan spells and being at the club for long time. We want promotion, and to me it seems Ojo is the more likely to contribute to that goal. 

Has the objective of equipping ourselves for promotion and then survival now been replaced?  Genuine question as clearly, whilst high quality loans will help the short term promotion, they won't help us build for survival. 

Just now, HantsRam said:

Has the objective of equipping ourselves for promotion and then survival now been replaced?  Genuine question as clearly, whilst high quality loans will help the short term promotion, they won't help us build for survival. 

The build for survival would begin next summer. I don't really see the reasoning behind building up a squad for promotion over the course of many seasons these days. There's no point, not when the financial gains of just one year in the top flight are so great.

Look at Huddersfield Town. They won't be complaining that they didn't achieve promotion by improving season after season. They'll thank their lucky stars they're up there, and do their very best to stay put.

Bournemouth were promoted after as arguably a surprise package. Nobody saw their promotion year coming. And they haven't looked back. They haven't needed to either, as they've been run properly, have a great head coach, and make smart moves in the transfer market.

Archived