Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Next May will tell whether Hull is the right move for him.

You can't make the lad come here, if he goes there let's hope he doesn't turn out to be a star

In all fairness to him they are in desperate need for CM's at Hull whereas we're looking to improve but still have some good players in the position already. Certainly guaranteed more game time there.

As you said let's hope he doesn't give them the service they need.

Think offloading Blackman and getting Lawrence for an initial £5m means we have wiggle room. I don't think we're talking big money but a £2 million signing or loan should be a go.  Not to mention I reckon we'll jettison 1 or 2 more. 

15 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Expected to sign for Hull today for £3m, is that really a bonkers fee that we were not prepared to or couldn't pay?

Maybe we aren't after him at all, it seems to me the link with JT is GR managed him at Brum (it smacks of being a tenuous link if you ask me). 

We could well have others we are actively working on and this and the Jota links could all be a diversionary tactics. 

Snodgrass?? ??

12 hours ago, Rample said:

Think offloading Blackman and getting Lawrence for an initial £5m means we have wiggle room. I don't think we're talking big money but a £2 million signing or loan should be a go.  Not to mention I reckon we'll jettison 1 or 2 more. 

Really is some smart business by us when you think about it, we effectively swapped Lawrence for Ince and got 3-4 million out of it.

And Lawrence is 2 years younger, almost grabbed as many goals as Ince in a worse team last season, you could argue that his value is only going to increase whereas Ince is about to enter his peak years...

24 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Expected to sign for Hull today for £3m, is that really a bonkers fee that we were not prepared to or couldn't pay?

You keep droning on about the club being slow to sign players, not spending enough money etc etc. Where's your evidence we were actually interested in Toral and I don't mean based on tittle tattle on Twitter?

It's just as well some of our fans aren't in charge of the purse strings - we'd be bust within a couple of transfer windows!

30 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I'm just guessing, here:

Rowett wanted him as competition for several spots, and when he saw that Arsenal were trying to offload players, offered a low fee. Nixon says that we wanted Toral but Arsenal were unwilling to negotiate. We held our ground expecting them to give in to get him off their books.

Hull offer the cash and also a guaranteed first team spot - easy decision for both Arsenal and Toral.

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I'm just guessing, here:

Rowett wanted him as competition for several spots, and when he saw that Arsenal were trying to offload players, offered a low fee. Nixon says that we wanted Toral but Arsenal were unwilling to negotiate. We held our ground expecting them to give in to get him off their books.

Hull offer the cash and also a guaranteed first team spot - easy decision for both Arsenal and Toral.

Or we could have just done it the old Derby Way and just offered loadsa money at the first opportunity.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in any of our "negotiations" between 2015 and 2016.

Can imagine Norwich waiting on the other end of the phone waiting for our BJ bid to land. Come on, let's hold our nerve, we want £4m, £4m or it's off. Let's get ready to play hardball.

*phone rings*

"Hello? Is that Norwich City? Yes. One Bradley Johnson please for a billion gazillion pounds up front."

Simple economics really, Arsenal wanted more money we didn't either have it or wanted to over spend but Hull have just sold an honest joe midfield runner for a shed load of money from Swansea ( who could easily get relagated) and they have Paul I have a reputation for over paying for average Clement 

how much is Jeff Hendrick worth in today's money ? surely £20 million ! 

19 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I'm just guessing, here:

I said before I'd be happy if he signed for us (I just like making signings) but not too fussed if we don't

I respect the new attitude of "I think the player is worth £xxx and I don't want to pay more than that" - It seems to have worked for us signing Lawrence (£5m up front is about right for a winger with potential after one good season) and I'm fine taking that route - If it means a last week scramble for a loan player from the Premier League to bolster the squad then so be it

49 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You keep droning on about the club being slow to sign players, not spending enough money etc etc. Where's your evidence we were actually interested in Toral and I don't mean based on tittle tattle on Twitter?

It's just as well some of our fans aren't in charge of the purse strings - we'd be bust within a couple of transfer windows!

Where have I said that? You're talking nonsense.

For a start I'm happy Mel isn't splurging like he did under Pearson, in fact if you'd read some of my posts rather than just pulling an opinion out of your backside, you'd have seen I was pleased we were not spending millions but frustrated we haven't had the chance to under Rowett, because of the poor recruitment under Pearson. Rowetts made some great signings so far.

8 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I'm just guessing, here:

Or we were never really in for him at all?

We've Vydra, Lawrence and even Weimann who can play in behind a frontman so is Toral better than all of them or even any of them? Attacking mid followed by a flyer on the wing would be my preferences if we really need further signings. The fact that Toral is apparently leaving for what is a modest fee seems to indicate that GR is not unduly fussed either.

Quite simple really,,,, rowett has managed the player ,he will have a figure in his head that he feels he is worth to Derby county at this time and won't pay more than that ,,, we are only missing out on players if they go for the amount we value them at or less , overpaying for players is a very good shortcut to getting the sack for managers , iget the impression rowett wants to stay at Derby for a while ,, I also get the impression mel will give him time if he's not spunking money to stand still or go backwards

Archived