Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't doubt Toral is a useful young player, I'd favour Vydra all day long. I'd also favour an attacking mid if we really need to bring anyone new in. Hopefully George will be up to speed very soon and if so, we'll be a match for most teams in the division. Being patient and buying the right players for the right money is critical to us moving forwards in a sustainable manner so if we have to wait another window or two to reach our potential, I can live with it.

COYR

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

After signing Lawrence, let's see what this squad can produce.

We have signed our top target this summer, so there'll be no tears shed over missing out on the likes of Toral and Gallagher.

I don't really think we need Gallagher, so it's no loss. He may be an exciting young talent, but we already have Martin and Nugent competing for places and Bent to return from injury. I would rather we gave one of our own players a chance to impress.

As for Toral, I definitely feel he would have been a shrewd addition and a good fit for us, but we move on. I don't think we are desperate for signings. A midfielder would be nice, but let's not panic. 10 days left in the window...

At last somebody talking sense thank you and yes another midfielder would be nice 

9 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

At last somebody talking sense thank you and yes another midfielder would be nice 

I mean yes it would but we do have a fair few on the books already, I only tbink Wel see another midfielder come in is in 1 leaves.

We currently have Huddlestone, Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson and hopefully Gorgeous George soon. That's 5 players competing for 2 places! Rowett has talked a lot about squad unity, he feels that having an over inflated squad is bad for unity, the last thing he wants is to be stock piling senior pros. 

I was hoping we'd sign Gallaghe, thought he was a real handfuls at Blackburn last season but once again GR would have had a job on his hands keeping 3 strikers happy who all believe they should be starting as the lone striker in our team. 

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Vydra has stepped up. In the past, he was the best number 10 in the division. It's been an added bonus, and you'd think it has lessened the need for a new signing in that position.

Didn't he play as a 9 for Watford, alongside rather than behind Deeney?

16 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Oh really.  To be called hysterical is a first for me

OK, drunk then. Your post was hardly an indication of the height of calmness and sobriety, was it?

Now repeat after me.... "Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

14 hours ago, Ram of Steel said:

I doubt we'd be letting Toral go to Hull without much of a fight unless we were after someone Rowett perceived as being better. Hopefully Forestieri or Jota

According to the bookies there are several teams with shorter odds on Jota, and we're not even in the reckoning for Forestieri. 

Archived