Which teams do you dislike and why?

AlfretonRam84

Any of the nouveau riche teams in the Premiership, Blackburn under Jack Walker, Chelsea under Abramovich, Man City under Sheikh Mansour. I also have an enhanced hatred of Leicester more out of jealously as they succeeded in doing what we've failed abjectly at over the past 4 seasons.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City - wish they'd sod off into European competition and allow the league to level off again.

Also MK Dons and Millwall for their respective sins.

And, finally, Grimsby because I just always have disliked them.

Living in Kent and missing football I used to go to a lot of Crystal Palace games with my uncle and cousin who are mad fans (my Dad, as a cockney, was too. He didn't factor that in when he moved to Derbyshire prior to my birth and was surprised I'd grow up supporting the Rams).

But for some reason, going to Palace matches, I really, really started to hate them with a passion. I went to their Play Off final v Watford and was gutted that they lost. I went to the Prem games under Holloway and was certain they'd go down. I used to go to every game secretly hoping they'd lose. I think it was, as much as anything, to wind up the family.

But, why?

• A string of obnoxious and arrogant owners self obsessed by their own image, being celebrities and their tan: Simon Jordan, Steve Parish;
  • The media love in that exists for their 'incredible fans'. Let me tell you, I sat in the Holmesdale and it was pretty tame. Back in the Championship the ground was 30-40% full, the fans were quiet and nobody ever mentioned them as good fans. Let's not go overboard;
  • Their fans are just bizarre. Most of them live in Kent as Londoners tend not to support Palace. They're typically a lot of stockbrokers who have a very basic knowledge of football. I used to sit next to a guy who wore a cravat and winklepicker loafers to every game. That's not a football fan;
  • This absurd 'rivalry' with Brighton which has some spurious origin. In reality it's because they're like Leicester: Millwall hate West Ham and don't care about Palace. Brighton have nobody else near so let's hate each other;
  • It just feels like a small club;
  • It is a cuffing nightmare to to get to - seriously - Selhurst Park has to be the least fan friendly stadium - it's just impossible to get there.

So yeah, Palace.

Where to begin, there are so many.
Man U, Chelsea, Arse, Man C, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Shrewsbury, Leeds, Cheltenham, Rangers, Celtic, Barnsley, Zenit St. Petersburg, Brann, Valerenga, Molde, MK Dons, Lazio, Sheffield W, Sheffield U, Millwall

They are all SCUM!

On 7/16/2017 at 16:07, Premier ram said:

chelsea and man city , the reasons why English football is ruined by greed, and for all their fans who jumped on the bandwagon as soon as they started spending obscene amounts of money to buy titles, i remember when those two clubs struggled to fill half their ground 

City have always been well supported, I would say that their support has changed since the money was thrown at them but so has everyone's. 

And don't honk that only Chelsea and City have ever "bought" the title....Blackburn spent millions, United consistently did it and if we really want to go back then didn't a certain Mr Clough break the British transfer record when he brought in Colin Todd. (It's not a new thing)

On 7/17/2017 at 05:29, R@M said:

Liverpool, many reasons including the perennial 'deserve to win' tag and the obsessive 'victim' culture they cling on to..and the partly associated tax payer costs....but mostly for their scummy fans denying a young season ticket holder (and no doubt everyone else) a chance to see Derby County in Europe due to their behaviour on the continent. 

Justice for Hysel?  Thought not. 

Absolutely spot on. Well said sir. 

Besides from the obvious...

the victims...for all the obvious reasons. 

Sheff Wednesday, if Derby didn't exist I would support The Blades so therefor hate the pigs. 

Southampton, for no reason really other than we almost moved to the Isle of White as a kid and mum and dad told me I would "be able to pick a good team to support down there" 

Coventry, it's a crap club, always has been. 

Newcastle, Tin pot club, the whole Geordie nation is cringeworthy. 

Chelsea, racists. 

Real Madrid, no reason I just think that if I lived over there then I would hate them, I don't really care actually.!

Inter, I have always loved Juve...

Celtic, their political leanings.

Orlando City, they are just a big Barney bumming mess  

i think that's about it...! Ha ha  

I never really liked Wolves either...

I've always disliked a few teams, man united because when I was a kid they were the best team and everyone supported them. Leeds because my brother in law supports them. Hull because it's a dump. Middlesbrough because I think I've been there 3 times and we have lost all 3. Liverpool because when I was 9 I went to a football training camp with my goalie kit on with Poom on the back and some kid in a Liverpool kit laughed at me and said if you take the m off your shirt it will say poo... never forgot that!

honourable mentions to teams I have a soft spot for... Lincoln city are my local team. Shrewsbury town are where my family are from. Rangers because of their support in the two friendlies they've played at pride park. And sleaford town (united counties league) because I used to play for the youth teams.

17 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Liverpool because when I was 9 I went to a football training camp with my goalie kit on with Poom on the back and some kid in a Liverpool kit laughed at me and said if you take the m off your shirt it will say poo...

:lol: 

as good a reason as any! 

My mate hates scousers cos once at work he borrowed his nail clippers to a scouser and when he walked in to the communal room, said scouser was trimming his toe nails!! 

Can't think of any team I hate. I've no reason to hate one. Even Forest as they are just a team from down the road so there's always local rivalry. Used to hate Leeds back in the 70s but teams and clubs change and the original reasons for hating them disappear. Also I think age mellows you

Hate is a strong word, like the above poster, hated Forest growing up. They were always better than us even when we finished 5th, they took 4 points off us, and finished 3rd. One of my best pals had a forest season ticket from a young age and went every week with his dad, and i he always gave me so much stick. I dont really care so much now that they arent much of a threat to ever finishing above us.

Loads of other teams i dislike, Leeds Rangers, Leicester Millwall etc. Also when it comes to European sides I dislike most of them, especially the ones which win their leagues every single season and only have fan boys supporting them. Really... why does anyone like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Ac Milan, Bayern etc???

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:36, Moist One said:

:lol: 

as good a reason as any! 

My mate hates scousers cos once at work he borrowed his nail clippers to a scouser and when he walked in to the communal room, said scouser was trimming his toe nails!! 

A couple of things....your mate didn't borrow his nail clippers to a scouser, he lent them to him, the scouser borrowed them from your mate.... secondly...what did he expect said scouser to be doing with the nail clippers.....painting the ceiling?

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 23:13, Ramslad1992 said:

Liverpool because when I was 9 I went to a football training camp with my goalie kit on with Poom on the back and some kid in a Liverpool kit laughed at me and said if you take the m off your shirt it will say poo... never forgot that!

Ah! That fabled scouse wit. To be fair, this quip is better than anything John Bishop has ever come up with.

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

A couple of things....your mate didn't borrow his nail clippers to a scouser, he lent them to him, the scouser borrowed them from your mate.... secondly...what did he expect said scouser to be doing with the nail clippers.....painting the ceiling?

Borrow is to Lent what
Learn is to teach.

Both of these make me mad.

Almost on a par with those kids who tell me on those facebook football groups that they are gonna win Derby tomorrow in the big game.

On 21/07/2017 at 18:10, Strange yearnings said:

Can't think of any team I hate. I've no reason to hate one. Even Forest as they are just a team from down the road so there's always local rivalry. Used to hate Leeds back in the 70s but teams and clubs change and the original reasons for hating them disappear. Also I think age mellows you

This is true. Or in my case "embalms".

Must be the alcohol :thumbsup:

Archived