v Port Vale & Doncaster Match Thread

Day

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TomInceOnFire said:

I know he said it was our first choice defence at Doncatser when Davies and Wisdom are at Vale

:huh:

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Good job our first choice defence is in port vale, that was dreadful

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Let's have a pre-season meltdown, record time surely?

I decided to get in ahead of the serious folk - to make them seem like theyre not really bothered. 

Need to make some changes here. I know the idea is to have them push through "dying" as GR put it, but a few of them cant even kick straight. 

Just now, Ramos said:

Tbf doncaster are playing like the team who are trying to impress against a higher ranked team. Whilst derby are just building fitness by the look of it more than anything. 

Exactly. No panic. Still players under the microscope (fans microscopes, I doubt coaching staff care) like Butterfield are not doing themselves favours.

If the idea behind this game is to have these players fight through to 90 minutes, I think we will lose this game. I'm saying that early so people keep calm when it happens. 

We were always going to be poorer this second half, the players haven't played more than 45 minutes in a "competitive" game yet. Fitness is key here and being able to keep up the pace for 90 minutes, performance is secondary.

5 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Tbf doncaster are playing like the team who are trying to impress against a higher ranked team. Whilst derby are just building fitness by the look of it more than anything. 

By purposely being wasteful in possession so we can chase shadows for the whole of the second half, right? :ph34r:

Certainly turned out to be a good work out if anything. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Exactly. No panic. Still players under the microscope (fans microscopes, I doubt coaching staff care) like Butterfield are not doing themselves favours.

I think what it tells us is that rowett clearly can't manage two teams at the same time. Thats not the kinda manager i want. 

#rowettout

Archived