v Port Vale & Doncaster Match Thread

Day

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby at portvale bright start looked like going to score a hatful but fizzled but good pentley by darren bent but went of injured looked like hamstring to me. Final got to see zanla really impressed caused them all sorts of probleams.

Weimann looked OK tonight , wouldn't be first choice but a definite option off the bench , same with Anya ( as a rule didn't see much of the port Vale game ). Regardless of the fitness exercises tonight we do need that special forward player with that bit of flair . (Jota , Lawrence, Ibe, ???????) .someone of that calibre.

33 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You just now figuring that out, Derb?  So depressing how poor him and Weimann (diff problem with him) are and when you put junk with Martin, martin looks poor too because he does zero by himself. Only consolation is that the more exciting players are over at Vale ... play the Donnie midfield/forward group this season and we will be relegation material. Derby lineup out there (minus Bennett and Fozzy) is both tragically boring and ineffective. We have zero other players out there who attack their team at pace. Rowett has a ton of issues with this still bloated squad - they all think they're gonna be starters and when reality hits there's gonna be a nation of frustrated players. 

Yawn, yawn, frickin yawn, yawn yawn! More depressing is the negativity of some fans before a ball's been kicked in anger. Any words of encouragement for the quality of the corner for the 1st goal. How would you have rated Butterfields performance if he'd stuck the penalty in row zed??? Seriously, move on, your're the boring one!!! FFS!

I watched the Doncaster game, I thought wieman did well and Martin was ok but his penalty record is fairly dodgy but I was disappointed with our central midfield who were quite easily bye passed ( Butterfield and Johnson) which was more disappointing as they generally started last season but it is only about fitness at this stage so onto the next game

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Well all in all the second half was a big pile of pooh. Frankly we were run ragged by what were a league 2 outfit last season. How come they looked fitter than us? Embarrassing. 

Might have been the 8 subs they brought on

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Well all in all the second half was a big pile of pooh. Frankly we were run ragged by what were a league 2 outfit last season. How come they looked fitter than us? Embarrassing. 

We can joke about the commentary but it was dire. Picture quality was good..........that's about it.

Think that'd be their subs. 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So were we playing their reserve team first half or second?

Don't know I don't look at their team but I do know the fact they made subs which made the differences for them. Fair play though.

Interesting comments on here abut the Doncaster match and in mitigation of Hanson, remember he played a full 90 on Saturday as well. 

Second half here was of course also less fluent. 

We were bright in patches but tired towards end. Zanzala did ok when he replaced Bent. Good penalty from him but pulled a muscle in taki g it. Definitely a foul on Russell but some here saying not in area. I thought it was. Huddlestone taken off after about 60 minutes. Anya Bryson and Russell kept plugging away until end. Poor decision making by all three for the final pass when in behind or we could have had a couple more. Still, so could they. 

Good workout and Port Vale isn't half as bad as some of you were making out. The home fans were quite friendly!

Archived