v Port Vale & Doncaster Match Thread

Day

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"That's all we've got time for on 'The importance of hydration in sport', thanks to all the callers we've had. Tune in tomorrow where we'll be taking callers on the question, 'Do players need to get minutes during pre-season?'" 

@Ellafella :lol:

Probably could have spent my evening doing something more interesting. 

Positives:

• Scored from a corner
  • 11 players get 90 minutes
  • Have discovered a way to make the commentary tolerable

Negatives:

• Lost all ability to play football at 50 minutes
  • Didn't win

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Surely the tweets are a set up

"How important is it to get minutes under your belt pre-season?" :mellow:

See the one earlier? "How important is hydration for the players?" Well my friend, it's literally the difference between life and death.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Another made up tweet "how important is it to get minutes under your belt?" derrr.

Shame the game has finished, I was going to tweet "how important is it to have your boots on the right feet?" 

I am interested to find out "how important it is to wear shin pads?" :mellow:

Quick thoughts from me, 90 mins will do them the world of good, clearly not quite ready yet some of them. Accuracy and control not quite there yet.

Positives

Mitchell, keogh, pearce, forsyth, weimann, Bennett, Martin

Hanson just doesn't look ready to me, Butterfield struggled with control and timing, Johnson and nugent pretty anonymous.

Fairly enjoyable though, Donnys number 12 was good.

Just now, The 1884 Group said:

Quick thoughts from me, 90 mins will do them the world of good, clearly not quite ready yet some of them. Accuracy and control not quite there yet.

Positives

Mitchell, keogh, pearce, forsyth, weimann, Bennett, Martin

Hanson just doesn't look ready to me, Butterfield struggled with control and timing, Johnson and nugent pretty anonymous.

Fairly enjoyable though, Donnys number 12 was good.

Thats their star player apparently, Coppinger. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Let's make a game of it and see which one of us can have the silliest tweet read out live? Mind you, the one's we've heard tonight will take some beating. 

I got some ideas. 

Pretty poor to be honest, defensive line was so deep all game. Johnson, Bennett, Hanson, Pearce, Nugent bad. Weimann looked good. Martin needs to get of pen duty I think, his record from the spot is dire.

Commentary dreadful. Silly questions asked by those fans encouraged more nonsense. 

Shame the Port Vale game had "tech issues", would have preferred to see Huddlestone pass the ball around. 

Archived