How are you feeling about the upcoming season right now?

Chris Mills

36 minutes ago, nfb said:

turmoil , noun [ S or U ] UK /ˈtɜː.mɔɪl/ US /ˈtɝː.mɔɪl/

> a state of confusion, uncertainty, or disorder:

Its a forum and my opinion of how I have seen the club over the last couple of years, hopefully those times are in the past, but with Mels record who knows, not all opinions are respected, but I respect yours to differ. 

Adding to my comment above I see Thorne has a grade 1  hamstring injury, best wishes to him for a speedy recovery. 

No problem with you having an opinion. My opinion of your opinion was as I quoted

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Andicis said:

Think we'll defend well. Worried about where the goals will come from, as of the present moment.

I think it depends on how expansive our general play is going to be. Seeing how GR changed our play when he arrived last season, when we tried to attack with pace, I am quite hopeful.

The biggest thing is that we have Chris Martin back in our midst. Not that we should build the team around him as we did in the past. But with his hold up lay, and intelligent lay-offs, I think Vydra and Nugent will absolutely thrive. In addition, I expect Johnny Russell to be back to his old self, because of Martin. Russell knows Martins runs and positioning, and the two did link up well in the past. I would expect Russell to score more and have more assists this season.

I have to admit after last seasons dismal, dwindle to nothingness, I and my son and daughter had a serious think whether or not to renew. But we have fantastic seats right behind the goal, and high up in the South Stand which would be hard to give up, and which helped us to commit to another season, although I wasn't bothered that it seemed light years away.

But now, I can't wait for it all to start again, and yet again, I am hoping for a different outcome. The difference is that this time, we seem to have done something about it, instead of trying the same thing again. 

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!!!

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I think it depends on how expansive our general play is going to be. Seeing how GR changed our play when he arrived last season, when we tried to attack with pace, I am quite hopeful.

The biggest thing is that we have Chris Martin back in our midst. Not that we should build the team around him as we did in the past. But with his hold up lay, and intelligent lay-offs, I think Vydra and Nugent will absolutely thrive. In addition, I expect Johnny Russell to be back to his old self, because of Martin. Russell knows Martins runs and positioning, and the two did link up well in the past. I would expect Russell to score more and have more assists this season.

I have to admit after last seasons dismal, dwindle to nothingness, I and my son and daughter had a serious think whether or not to renew. But we have fantastic seats right behind the goal, and high up in the South Stand which would be hard to give up, and which helped us to commit to another season, although I wasn't bothered that it seemed light years away.

But now, I can't wait for it all to start again, and yet again, I am hoping for a different outcome. The difference is that this time, we seem to have done something about it, instead of trying the same thing again. 

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!!!

Very well put, this season we are making changes but it does at least seem that we have a plan

Always look forward to the new season

Doesn't matter who the players are, who the manager is, who owns the club, what the formation is 

Just really enjoy going to watch my home town club between August and May

For me its not about setting goals, what we must achieve, our minimum target, which players have to do what 

Its much bigger than that, and smaller at the same time

Its about the love of the club and the love of the game. And being part of something bigger than yourself that has been an integral part of your life for fifty odd years, for better and for worse

18 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I may have fit the wrong end of the stick ...

At first impressions, I really do not like the heart button. I don't want negative ratings on my comments, although I suspect that I might get some negative hearts in response to saying this, because that would be the most amusing response! :(

I do want to 'like' comments, which means a lot of things, such as 'I agree', or, 'I respect that point', and occasionally,  'thanks' (which is one of the new options) or 'fair enough', if someone has quoted me. I think I will only rarely want to say 'thanks'.

Being a little vain, I do like to see the names of people who have 'liked' my comments. I also like to see who has liked other people's comments, because knowing if it has been liked by a usual 'liker' or not adds flavour to the forum.

Sometimes, I think that I've made a good point, and it gets no 'likes' and sometimes I reflect on whether I've missed the point, etc., but it doesn't stop me making new posts. However, I am not sure I will have much enjoyment from finding out people generally dislike what I've written.

Will people stop posting?

Thanks bigbadbob

18 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I may have fit the wrong end of the stick ...

At first impressions, I really do not like the heart button. I don't want negative ratings on my comments, although I suspect that I might get some negative hearts in response to saying this, because that would be the most amusing response! :(

I do want to 'like' comments, which means a lot of things, such as 'I agree', or, 'I respect that point', and occasionally,  'thanks' (which is one of the new options) or 'fair enough', if someone has quoted me. I think I will only rarely want to say 'thanks'.

Being a little vain, I do like to see the names of people who have 'liked' my comments. I also like to see who has liked other people's comments, because knowing if it has been liked by a usual 'liker' or not adds flavour to the forum.

Sometimes, I think that I've made a good point, and it gets no 'likes' and sometimes I reflect on whether I've missed the point, etc., but it doesn't stop me making new posts. However, I am not sure I will have much enjoyment from finding out people generally dislike what I've written.

Will people stop posting?

Thanks rustylee

19 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Always look forward to the new season

Doesn't matter who the players are, who the manager is, who owns the club, what the formation is 

Just really enjoy going to watch my home town club between August and May

For me its not about setting goals, what we must achieve, our minimum target, which players have to do what 

Its much bigger than that, and smaller at the same time

Its about the love of the club and the love of the game. And being part of something bigger than yourself that has been an integral part of your life for fifty odd years, for better and for worse

As the great, late Peter Cook said "Football is a cruel mistress, she's your lover, she's your mother, she's your SISTER...":mellow:

Others have said and I agree, we have a solid looking defense and lots of potential goals in attack. The key is (has been for the last 3 years) knitting this together in the middle of the park.

If we playing wingers we need to get a quality left winger. Russell is an adequate replacement for Ince because of his link up play.

We clearly need to get the blend right in the middle of the park. Pearson had us relatively tight at the back but the midfield might as well not have been there.

I'm reasonably optimistic. I expect us the challenge for the playoffs but I don't expect us to be smashing teams off the park like previously.

TobyWanKenobi

Its all looking mid table to me at the moment unless we spend the Hughes and Ince money on some quality.

Gary has a clear vision of how he wants to build the team and the philosophy that goes with it.  We have not lacked quality players in recent years and yet we have failed to turn that quality into promotion.  This indicates that a new approach is needed and that's exactly what we are getting, however that works out, but i am hopeful because it was the mental factor, the philosophy, the organization that had something lacking. 

Slackers will not be tolerated says Anya and glad i am of it.  If we are to succeed this season, we must all get behind the team and the manager and give them a chance to shine.

to be honest we all want promotion some at whatever cost and look how thats turned out,but i recon in the top 6.

would i be really happy if we went up being in 6th place not really as we would be tops to come down again.

i would rather go up say in 3 seasons with a long term manager with wise buys and a close knit quad.then we have the basis to stay up. theres been too many changes wasted millions and 4/5 seasons have flown by and we are wore of.wages need too be tackled would you give 100% knowing the person at your side is on triple and isnt realy any better.

i am looking forward to the upcoming season we have finally changed the squad carnt be any worse than last year

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Gary has a clear vision of how he wants to build the team and the philosophy that goes with it.  We have not lacked quality players in recent years and yet we have failed to turn that quality into promotion.  This indicates that a new approach is needed and that's exactly what we are getting, however that works out, but i am hopeful because it was the mental factor, the philosophy, the organization that had something lacking. 

Slackers will not be tolerated says Anya and glad i am of it.  If we are to succeed this season, we must all get behind the team and the manager and give them a chance to shine.

Yes, no slackers on or off the pitch! 

This seems a real new start and currently I am undecided whether it is positive or not.

Ever since the play off final disappointment we have been trying to win promotion with (roughly) the same players in (roughly) the same fashion and there has also been a strong expectation that we should go up.

To me it now feels that the strong links to that first McClaren season in personal and style are gone as with any positivity around the club that was there at that time as this has slowly ebbed away with each managerial sacking and failed signing.  Now it seems that we have a new manager and a new approach that comes with less expectation of success as selling your top two talents doesn't seem the way to achieve promotion.  My prediction would be a similar finishing position to last year.

Archived