How are you feeling about the upcoming season right now?

Chris Mills

After a season off the forum I've decided to return, it's just not the same without the negative outlook this site gives me! :D

I'm not going to read through all the previous posts I have missed, so what are your outlooks on the season ahead?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to tell at the moment, all very much dependent on incomings to rebuild after the players we've lost, however rowett appears confident so that's something. In any case, I doubt it'll be Boring, the expectation as it should be is to achieve promotion, if that ain't happening I'm sure action will be taken!

From us supporters upwards, everything to do with the club screams promotion or bust this season. Think if we don't go up this season there'll be a serious inquest into everything related to the club, because there's been serious changes already to try and make it work.

Hoping we can re-ignite some of that spirit from 13/14.

I'm not overly convinced major signings are needed although it will be nice to see, hopefully some good talent will be arriving.

I think it's going to be a stark contrast to seasons passed as I don't think for one minute GR would let the team crumble after Xmas at least!

Hopefully we don't change the starting XI too much and keep a core base on the field- that alone will bring more points home through the season.

I honestly believe we can be top six this time round with one or two clever additions.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Think we'll defend well. Worried about where the goals will come from, as of the present moment.

This ^ We definitely need at least a good replacement for Ince, and I'd like a proven No.9 to go with him.

Currently a little pessimistic but I honestly don't know. 

I can see a situation where we are languishing in the lower half and I can see a situation where we are automatically promoted. There are way too many variables that could swing either  way at the moment and a lot rides on what happens this pre-season from both a transfer activity perspective and how well the team starts to gel.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Think we'll defend well. Worried about where the goals will come from, as of the present moment.

I agree. I think a lot of how good we are going forward will hinge on whether Martin + Vydra works and how well we play to their strengths.

34 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

After a season off the forum I've decided to return, it's just not the same without the negative outlook this site gives me! :D

I'm not going to read through all the previous posts I have missed, so what are your outlooks on the season ahead?

#ChrisTheResurrection

37 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Glory hunter.

Sith Happens

Gettng Thorne, Forsythe and Martin back will be like new signings, bryson and butters in the middle will be like new players being able to bomb forward as they have Thorne to rely on in the holding role.

A solid defence with Wisdom and Davies in, hopefully keep Keogh.

I feel positive.

After feeling a bit down after the sales of Hughes and Ince becoming more optomistic by the day.

For once in a long time I think we have a manager with a clear vision about what he is trying to achieve

Hopefully that is what we all want the promised land of the Premiership.

I felt at the end of last season and still do, we will finish 8 th this season. I do feel the transfer business so far isn't looking good. We have shifted our best 2 players for less than I expected and sold another player in Christie who I feel can do a job in the championship. What we haven't managed is to shift what I consider to be the deadwood, who are still taking wages and squad places. I still feel we will tread water for a couple more seasons after this one, before being able to move forward after the terrible mistakes we have made as a club over the last few years

I'm always optimistic at the beginning of every season - it's a terrible burden! It would seem our defence is stronger and I think we'll be much fitter so less likely to run out of steam by the 86th minute. Anyway, whatever happens  there's always the next season!

couple of additions possibly a winger  and a midfielder and we could definitely be promotion contenders

this season will be the toughest yet and will be a very entertaining leauge

i cannot see a big gap from 6th place to like 15th .

i also think autos and play offs could go to the wire. 

im am definitely excited for the new season

Archived