I gi him till Christmas

Owd miner

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a lower league manager who looks like he's modern and relevant because he wears those skinny fit jumpers & strides! He'll be found out soon enough when our team of flair free grafters are stuck in midtable at Christmas. 

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

Before a ball has been kicked!!! I'll wait and see how results go before making a prediction and won't be slating him or putting pressure on the board without giving the bloke a chance.

I got an almost identical reply when I started hammering Pearson on last season's eve, to be fair :ph34r:

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I was trying to take you seriously with your first post but really?!?!?!?

Took a team from a relegation battle which looked hopeless into the top half - Had a decent finish the following season - And then got sacked when pushing the playoffs - With a team that without him only managed to avoid relegation on the last day of the season! All on no money at all...

You should never use a manager's past achievements though unless you're in a similar state.

He made bad Burton and Birmingham sides hard to beat and made shrewd signings to take them on. 

With us he's got a very good group of players that's a total mish-mash of footballing philosophies. He has to identify a style going forward, have a clear out and replace to fit and will have more money than he's ever had to spend before.

Not a troll . First match I went ta in 1978 against man Utd.  We lost 3_ 1 me thinks. I was mascot Nov 1980 against Notts county . 0-0. Kevin Wilson missed a sitter. So Ger off ya high horses. Mi opinion is he will be sacked at Christmas. We have not progressed .other teams have. Rest in on meets so I'll see tha

Just now, curtains said:

Yea have little faith 

Well so far there isn't anything to say that he will get us promoted. Not building him up then moaning and complaining if we aren't promoted. 

52 minutes ago, cannable said:

I got an almost identical reply when I started hammering Pearson on last season's eve, to be fair :ph34r:

I got some pretty epic responses in my 'Why did we appoint Pearson' thread after the Brighton game. I like Rowett's personality and the way he speaks. Can't say I'm overly optimistic about his tenure here though.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Well so far there isn't anything to say that he will get us promoted. Not building him up then moaning and complaining if we aren't promoted. 

The Ince and Hughes sale will give Rowett the flexibility he needs in the transfer market. 

Archived