I gi him till Christmas

Owd miner

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Owd miner said:

Said it before but i gi t'oad lad ( Rowett) till Christmas. Wat ya reckon? 

Before a ball has been kicked!!! I'll wait and see how results go before making a prediction and won't be slating him or putting pressure on the board without giving the bloke a chance.

I have faith - Think he'll be fine

August is going to be the teller though - That's going to set the pattern for the season and I think set my expectations

Ex Premier League team away - If we can go toe to toe with them and look half decent 

Two home games against teams we should be beating

Two away games against hungry, newly promoted sides - But ones who will reckon themselves back at the right level - Not easy games but should be looking to take 3 points in each

4 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

I dunt reckon it is. average manager who really dint achieve owt at Brum. Sick' o rose tinted specs some Derby fans have on Here.

I was trying to take you seriously with your first post but really?!?!?!?

Took a team from a relegation battle which looked hopeless into the top half - Had a decent finish the following season - And then got sacked when pushing the playoffs - With a team that without him only managed to avoid relegation on the last day of the season! All on no money at all...

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I was trying to take you seriously with your first post but really?!?!?!?

Took a team from a relegation battle which looked hopeless into the top half - Had a decent finish the following season - And then got sacked when pushing the playoffs - With a team that without him only managed to avoid relegation on the last day of the season! All on no money at all...

Some Brum fans would tell it slightly different. 

They'd compare Lee Clark more to Paul Jewell and Nigel Pearson level of dog pooh and feel they were always capable of more. They don't all feel Rowett performed a miracle. That was the outside perception. Similar to what Mac did at Derby last season 

I can't say I ever saw them as a serious play off contender as early as December. 

He did well but I do think he gets way too much hype. He won 39% of his games and Birmingham. W42 , D32, L32 according to wiki

Yeah, I don't rate his previous stints as impressive, the rose tinted spec thing purely comes from his ex-Rams status. People using the fact that he lives nearby as a major positive when appointing a manager. Couldn't care if he travelled in from Timbuktu every day aslong as he knows what he's doing.  

Regardless, he needs a good crack at this. As long as we're not in the bottom 5 (roughly) at Christmas I'd be happy for him to carry on. Things will change across the season, hindsight will again be a wonderful thing come May but right now without much substance I'd say he needs a couple of seasons. Sick of chopping and changing, let's give the guy some time. 

25 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Some Brum fans would tell it slightly different. 

They'd compare Lee Clark more to Paul Jewell and Nigel Pearson level of dog pooh and feel they were always capable of more. They don't all feel Rowett performed a miracle. That was the outside perception. Similar to what Mac did at Derby last season 

I could appreciate that BEFORE Zola - But surely after seeing their team go from decent to dire under a manager who has not disgraced himself elsewhere and is considered a good young manager would have changed opinions?

Archived