I gi him till Christmas

Owd miner

33 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Take it easy fella. It's called having an opinion; some of us are disappointed/angry that the club has sold two of our best talents while the squad is still stacked up with utter s**t. That doesn't mean we won't get behind the team once the season starts. 

Exactly well said, of course folk are going to be pissed. I'm sure no was expecting Hughes and Ince to go and the salary thieves Bent, Blackman etc to stay. That said we'll still be behind them come August.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-6-30 at 17:15, Owd miner said:

Not a troll . First match I went ta in 1978 against man Utd.  We lost 3_ 1 me thinks. I was mascot Nov 1980 against Notts county . 0-0. Kevin Wilson missed a sitter. So Ger off ya high horses. Mi opinion is he will be sacked at Christmas. We have not progressed .other teams have. Rest in on meets so I'll see tha

I always thought the season started in August?

Morning ta ya . Mi mining career spanned 25 years up and darn country and even a spell abroad. Not that that's gor owt ta do wi mi fost comment. I'm off ta welfare nah. Lorries coming to pick mi pigeons up. I wa Barnsley intercontinental champion. I'll be at PP fost match so if tha wants ta chat about longwall mining techniques I'll be more than happy ta. I'll see thee.

He was a manager very much in demand, swansea were close to taking a punt on him, and Norwich wanted him until we beat them to it.

Id like to know who mr Owd miner wold have as manager, who his choice would have been at easter last year who he DOES think will last a full calender year, and who was available, and who would want to come here.

I personally think he is one of the best young managers in the game. But hey thats just my opinion. Looking forward to a good season

I would have stuck with Maclaren and sacked or cancelled some of the players contracts and ya know what I wouldn't have minded where we finished as long as I knew they were giving 100%, which they weren't. We are a million miles away from being a prem side and the league we are in gets harder every year. Time will tell but with the players we have got another mid table finish I fear is on its way. I'll see thee. 

1 minute ago, Owd miner said:

I would have stuck with Maclaren and sacked or cancelled some of the players contracts and ya know what I wouldn't have minded where we finished as long as I knew they were giving 100%, which they weren't. We are a million miles away from being a prem side and the league we are in gets harder every year. Time will tell but with the players we have got another mid table finish I fear is on its way. I'll see thee. 

I suspect a few players have been offered a pay off but rejected it. All of them except Camara that is. The others Bent, Blackman etc. know they won't earn anywhere near what they are at Derby at the moment. Why would you accept a pay off to earn less elsewhere? Can't imagine they'll have much interest either. I know Ipswich fans want Bent but they've all ruled him out as too expensive. Speaks volumes of how much we've spunked cash away in the last few seasons.

we havnt kicked a ball yet and peops are guessing how long the manager is here. this just shows how we have lost trust in dcfc running of the club lol. come on and get behind dcfc and look forward to the freshing up of the players this time around. we have already got 2 good sighnings at decent prices. gr has already had a taster of the team at the end of last season so he knows where we are weak but some outings arnt prity. at least he has had that chance and will get a full season to get us up there.roll on to the sunderland game and prey we have better luck this year when it comes to injurys. 

in dcfc we dream again :whistle:

On 6/30/2017 at 14:59, OohMartWright said:

Bl**dy hell, wrist slashing with a Yorkshire accent.

I've a novel idea - why don't we see how his team performs before we put a date on his P45?

Weird.  Yorkshire folk normally known for their positive outlook on life.

Archived