Fixtures list

DEL

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't underestimate the newly promoted teams on a roll from their promotion. A poor result first up and we could be in trouble.

What happens at the start of the season is no more or less important than what happens at the end, or in the middle. A great start and we could be relegated; a terrible start and we could go up automatically.

Let's not panic already, eh?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

What happens at the start of the season is no more or less important than what happens at the end, or in the middle. A great start and we could be relegated; a terrible start and we could go up automatically.

Let's not panic already, eh?

Obviously, but to not wish for the points on the board as quickly as possible would be a bit silly.

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting start for us, relegated premiership club followed by two newly promoted clubs in Bolton and Sheff Utd all away - anything can happen in those games, Sunderland appear on the surface to be in real chaos with the owner trying to sell them and no manager yet and a load of players who probably don't want to be there so it may well be the best time to go there if we have balance and purpose with us 

Seems a bit unfair to have 3 games away from home at the start of the season. Thanks EFL!

31 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Seems a bit unfair to have 3 games away from home at the start of the season. Thanks EFL!

Sorry I didn't mean it like that, we have two normal games at home after the Sunderland game then we are away to the newly promoted clubs ( I meant the away games are interesting) 

Opening game going to Sunderland might be the best time to play them. Think about how Newcastle started the season last year, looked a bit wobbly to start with. You want the newly relegated teams early so you can pile on the misery for them. I know it will be "several weeks ago" when this game comes around, but they lost their last game 5-1. 

In my best Partridge ....'Unbelievable'...... Not the fixtures but some folks' attitudes. Same as last season same as same as etc. If you're filled with fear and trepidation what serious expectation are you gonna have? It's a challenge and Rowetts squad will sink or swim with it. Faith and confidence. Try some. Every fixture a challenge, if we're good enough we'll rise to it. Not a single team fills me with fear. Good time to play X Y and Z? Who gives a? Bring em all on because we are Derby County and relish every minute. 

Totally appreciate those who want to get as many games as poss and the costs involved. Massive big up to you all. We bow to TV as all clubs shall. 

On holiday for the Sunderland game..... maybe smashing a few beers and plates in some lovely little Greek Taverna 

Truth is we won't truly know what the tough fixtures are until the season is underway and results start coming in. That's what makes the championship so interesting is that you can never really predict how it's going to unfold.

We shouldn't be looking to guess at what others will do but focus on ourselves. We are capable of beating anyone, the key to success is consistency. Find that at it's irrelevant what others do.

Archived