Fixtures list

DEL

On 6/19/2017 at 15:17, Rample said:

Going for Sunderland at home first (and hoping we repeat the score from the opening day of 93/94).

Half right.

Not too bad. Good opportunity to get off to a strong start, will need to have built up momentum to get through October.

Bottlers or not, March and April will be tough.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

If you're going to get promoted, you have to beat a lot of teams...:mellow:

Spot on, and maybe having the big boys clustered together could be a bonus. 

Rather than a few easy games followed by a tough one we will get chance to build momentum. 

Would love to see us hitting form and big scores against the relegation fodder as the season ends.

5 minutes ago, Rample said:

Spot on, and maybe having the big boys clustered together could be a bonus. 

Rather than a few easy games followed by a tough one we will get chance to build momentum. 

Would love to see us hitting form and big scores against the relegation fodder as the season ends.

Exactly. GR will get the players to puff their chests out and believe everybody else has to beat us. We have to believe as a squad that we are the best and behave accordingly. 

Fixtures seem to be kind to us up until mid September. I fully expect us to gain near maximum points from the first 6/7 games. Brentford away is the first tough fixture is my eyes as we have some seriously poor teams at home and away before then. Hull at home will be tough but expect we will get a result. 

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Fixtures seem to be kind to us up until mid September. I fully expect us to gain near maximum points from the first 6/7 games. Brentford away is the first tough fixture is my eyes as we have some seriously poor teams at home and away before then. Hull at home will be tough but expect we will get a result. 

Don't underestimate the newly promoted teams on a roll from their promotion. A poor result first up and we could be in trouble.

Interesting start for us, relegated premiership club followed by two newly promoted clubs in Bolton and Sheff Utd all away - anything can happen in those games, Sunderland appear on the surface to be in real chaos with the owner trying to sell them and no manager yet and a load of players who probably don't want to be there so it may well be the best time to go there if we have balance and purpose with us 

The main advantage of playing Sunderland first game away, they won't have chance to get used to the demands of the championship. Their club is in a bad way and they'll expect to just roll us over with the quality of their squad. Can't see it happening. Think it'll be a 2-0 win for the Rams. 

Archived