Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

For goodness sake, he can't make the Watford match day squad and you think he will get an England call up. 

Delusional 

His England U21 partner who I consider a much inferior player has just been called up, purely on the basis of making the Watford match day squad. Southgate saw a lot of Hughes in the U21s and if he's playing regularly in the Prem at some point this season it's an obvious transition.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Hope you're right but I can't see it. He was one of the laziest players when he was here during training which was one of the reasons Rowett didn't fancy him. It was also McClaren's main criticisms of him, he never took training seriously. He needs to up his attitude if he wants to stay in the premier league. Wouldn't surprise me if he was loaned out in January to Fulham or Reading.

Hmm you got a source for this ? Would just find it somewhat surprising 

51 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Hmm you got a source for this ? Would just find it somewhat surprising 

No particular source if you mean a news article but from very reliable people. Those who know Hughes off the pitch won't be too surprised. He doesn't have the best of attitudes. Hopefully the move to Watford will mature him as a player and a person. Good luck to him.

41 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No particular source if you mean a news article but from very reliable people. Those who know Hughes off the pitch won't be too surprised. He doesn't have the best of attitudes. Hopefully the move to Watford will mature him as a player and a person. Good luck to him.

Fair enough I'm still skeptical because I've always had the impression he had a good attitude from his work rate being decent on the pitch along with how he spoke in interviews.

9 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Fair enough I'm still skeptical because I've always had the impression he had a good attitude from his work rate being decent on the pitch along with how he spoke in interviews.

I guess the moral of the story is that looks can be deceiving mate aha. The average fan never really knows how anyone's like. For what it's worth, I couldn't care less what a player is like off the pitch as I wouldn't have to put up with them on a daily basis :lol:. He has the talent but the problem with him has always been his mentality. Is he another case of a young English footballer being given too much too soon? That's why I'm hoping the move to Watford and being outside of his comfort zone will help him to mature.

27 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I guess the moral of the story is that looks can be deceiving mate aha. The average fan never really knows how anyone's like. For what it's worth, I couldn't care less what a player is like off the pitch as I wouldn't have to put up with them on a daily basis :lol:. He has the talent but the problem with him has always been his mentality. Is he another case of a young English footballer being given too much too soon? That's why I'm hoping the move to Watford and being outside of his comfort zone will help him to mature.

Silva has publically commended his attitude and how hard he works.  The above is nonsense. 

http://m.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/watford-head-coach-marco-silva-will-hughes-must-fight-for-a-spot-in-the-starting-line-up/story-30486776-detail/story.html

22 minutes ago, feisty said:

Nope I can guarantee it isn't nonsense. Good to hear he's working hard down there though and starting to change.

6 hours ago, McLovin said:

Hope you're right but I can't see it. He was one of the laziest players when he was here during training which was one of the reasons Rowett didn't fancy him. It was also McClaren's main criticisms of him, he never took training seriously. He needs to up his attitude if he wants to stay in the premier league. Wouldn't surprise me if he was loaned out in January to Fulham or Reading.

These facts sound rather subjective. Who were the other laziest players? Did Steve Mac and Rowett tell your source this information? Does your source know that you post their inside info on here? Would they get into trouble if the club knew they were leaking info? Are these just your sources opinions?

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, feisty said:

Well hughes must have a better attitude than me... If I wasn't even getting in the Watford squad I would be getting the next train back to Derby. Wtf is going on? Bring him home. 

7 hours ago, McLovin said:

This would be from the same Steve McClaren who used to say, following yet another defeat, that he would "sort out all the problems on the training ground, starting from next Monday". It didn't matter which Monday and it didn't make any difference to the following week's result, where we tended to lose again. In the end, one of his decisions was to leave Will out of the team, which GR did as well. No overall improvement despite a team without Hughes.

Just goes to show how difficult it all is.....

11 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Why are we still all about talking about Will Hughes? He's a Watford player now,surely it's time to move on??

Some people are still processing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

Denial – The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.

Anger – When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, they become frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".

Bargaining – The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise. For instance: "I'd give anything to have him back." Or: "If only he'd come back to life, I'd promise to be a better person!"

Depression – "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon, so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the individual despairs at the recognition of their mortality. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.

Acceptance – "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it; I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, individuals embrace mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. People dying may precede the survivors in this state, which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions.

PistoldPete2
12 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Some people are still processing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

Denial – The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.

Anger – When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, they become frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".

Bargaining – The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise. For instance: "I'd give anything to have him back." Or: "If only he'd come back to life, I'd promise to be a better person!"

Depression – "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon, so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the individual despairs at the recognition of their mortality. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.

Acceptance – "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it; I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, individuals embrace mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. People dying may precede the survivors in this state, which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions.

Well I have still a few stages to go thru then...past denial... but still angry and hoping for a bargain with watford to get him back.

16 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well I have still a few stages to go thru then...past denial... but still angry and hoping for a bargain with watford to get him back.

Wow, I'm impressed!

Kubler-Ross in a Derby thread.

Describe how attachment theory explains our reaction to Hughes and Ince going.

• 1 month later...

Archived