Christie's Future

cannable

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

He's 24 going on 25 and has been playing league football for the last 6 years. If you're playing 4 at the back then first and foremost the full backs need to be defensively sound, if it's a 5-man backline then the wing backs need pace, athleticism (which Christie has) plus the ability to deliver the right cross, at the right pace to the right area (which he more often than not fails to do).

So irrespective of the formation(s) Rowett decides on, we need an upgrade at RB, with Baird there as back-up.

Yes, I agree with you, but I do believe Christie can improve his all round game weather we see it is another matter 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Oh here we go...

I'm no great fan of Cyrus, I don't think he's progressed at all, he makes awful decisions and I also think there's a difference between self belief and delusion.

However, why so called fans have decided to go after him on twitter is beyond me. If he was staying, it's not going to help him improve on the pitch is it?

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

He's right, he does have a lot to work on. Punctuation for starters, I nearly passed out trying to read that.

He has got it in his locker, just isn't sure on the positioning of it or the delivery of it.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Naturally, the best way to prove you don't have a bad attitude is to **** talk the fans.. 

He's the fourth or fifth in the last couple of years to have a pop.

Maybe it's not the players who have the attitude problem? 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

He's the fourth or fifth in the last couple of years to have a pop.

Maybe it's not the players who have the attitude problem? 

My logic is, for somebody who works in the public eye it's better to say nothing.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Naturally, the best way to prove you don't have a bad attitude is to **** talk the fans.. 

I'm reading it as a reply to those that he says have abused him, not all fans, not really seeing it as giving **** either just a response. If fans can give they should be prepared to take.

Just now, David said:

I'm reading it as a reply to those that he says have abused him, not all fans, not really seeing it as giving **** either just a response. If fans can give they should be prepared to take.

Agree with people being prepared to take some back, but for a professional footballer, it can't be that hard to keep your mouth shut... It doesn't actually help anyone posting things on twitter like he has done.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Agree with people being prepared to take some back, but for a professional footballer, it can't be that hard to keep your mouth shut... It doesn't actually help anyone posting things on twitter like he has done.

Swings both ways I guess, is it hard as fans not to abuse the players? 

Can't say I've seen or looked at what has been sent him, guarantee you will see some from people much older than him.

To expect players who are also young men to either stay away from social media or just take take take whilst Tom the postman can call him every name under the sun for thinking he's one of the best full backs....nah.

I'm happy to see players give some back, just because they earn X thousand a week doesn't make them robots. 

Looking back at what he's said, don't actually see any **** still to be honest, just a surprise at the comments he's received and how fans don't know or see him personally which is true.

Just now, Topram said:

TBH so many people did give him stick on twitter! No need really 

Think that's why some of Derby players left twitter? 

1 minute ago, David said:

Swings both ways I guess, is it hard as fans not to abuse the players? 

Can't say I've seen or looked at what has been sent him, guarantee you will see some from people much older than him.

To expect players who are also young men to either stay away from social media or just take take take whilst Tom the postman can call him every name under the sun for thinking he's one of the best full backs....nah.

I'm happy to see players give some back, just because they earn X thousand a week doesn't make them robots. 

Looking back at what he's said, don't actually see any **** still to be honest, just a surprise at the comments he's received and how fans don't know or see him personally which is true.

Personally, I've never used twitter, so I have no idea the extent of it, so I'm not in the mindset of abusing a player on the internet and I don't understand people who do either.

My thoughts on the matter are that for both the good of Derby, and Cyrus that if the abuse gets too much to just get off twitter, as opposed to responding because I feel as if it puts Derby in a situation of selling more urgently, and for Cyrus it doesn't send a good message to future employers (could be wrong on this one). I don't agree with the actions of either sides, certainly don't endorse anyone abusing him online.

Not really been following much Derby stuff in the past few days but that tweet caught my eye. 

Dont think he can really win either way, its unfortunately part of football/social media nowadays. 

I do think his article has been massively taken out of context but then again what would you expect from our fans. 

Not fussed either way if he goes or stays. Hasn't kicked on since we signed him, same mistakes, same drawbacks. He's alright at this level for sure but we need better to go places. Whether that's him improving to a standard that we require or by replacing him I don't really care. 

He's one of a few players that I don't mind us replacing but get the feeling he along with a few others would kick on with a fresh challenge in front of them. Which would be kinda annoying. 

I have read the article a couple of times now and this part is the one that sticks out, more than saying he can be the best in the league.

"I'll go in and adapt my game but I'm not going to change it too much because this is what I've made my career on.

Surely if you want to progress you need to adapt in what ever way possible to go higher. If that means being more defensive, and adapting so you aren't running towards their box whenever you feel like it. Surely you have to listen to your manager, who just happens to probably be the club's best RB in 20 years, and make the changes to your game, for the benefit of the club and yourself as a player.

Archived