Christie's Future

cannable

1 minute ago, scarboroughwa said:

After you're condescending shout out to our fans with Down Syndrome, it's this: I'll speak slowly...

The 'who' reference to Christie was a reference to how very average he is, overall. No-one outside of Derby would rate him much. It's sort of in the semantics that you are setting your sights to low (see reference to mid-table mediocrity). Never mind. As you were. Enjoy.

Right, i've got news for you mate. The word "who" means, "what or which person or people". Not a measure of how good someone is at something. So when you want to come and lecture me, come with a decent point :D Bye.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Right, i've got news for you mate. The word "who" means, "what or which person or people". Not a measure of how good someone is at something. So when you want to come and lecture me, come with a decent point :D Bye.

Stay off the drugs.

And save the emojis.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm in you with the camp that Martin is a bit overrated but you think Christie is a good player? Nah he's awful, he's so braindead it makes my head hurt watching him play.

A like for the Christie comment ! Waaaaaaaaaaaay to inconsistent, has 3 or 4 good games a season. 

Just now, Ramarena said:

Doesn't he say "one of the best full backs in the league", not the country?:whistle:

You are correct. I didn't mean to put country, I meant to put League. But twitter doesn't let you edit your posts... I'm changing it now anyway! 

38 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

It's not a joke.

Someone above related to being one of the best clubs in the championship. Fair enough, I only made it to six games and the rest on tele but if you reckon we were one of the best clubs in the championship then I'm not sure you were keeping an eye on the other games.

I love Derby but I'm not delusional.

One of the top 10 best - will that do you?

Bloody hell don't know where to begin with this, dunno whether that comment was taken out of context but he's delusional and ridiculously cocky if he genuinely believes what he says! He's not even the best right back at our club, and A bloody long way behind at that! Sometimes threatens to have ability, but he so often doesn't even look like a footballer that I can't bear to see his name on the team sheet. One of few players in our squad that I would really call a bad footballer, he's got no footballing brain and the time he takes over his decisions is painful!

Overall would be delighted to see him sold tbh, fed up of seeing him getting in the way of other players wasting time trying tricks before giving the ball away. We need far far better than him, probably our main area of weakness if we can't rely on Baird for a full season so would be happy with a big addition in that area

Got to say if those comments are truly representative of his attitude then if I was rowett he would be first out of the door quick smart .

heres my view on him ,,, he has at times had some decent games but at other times he has been so so so so bad in games , Fulham away where he was subbed ( two seasons ago?) was up there with the worst most clueless performances you could wish to see from a player that has reached the standard he is playing at ,I've been very torn as you can see potential that you think good coaching might turn into the real deal but also as some have stated there appears to be a lack of natural football brain/instinct that I'm not sure can ever really be coached if it's not in there naturally and this often leads to him being extremely frustrating to watch ,he's like great golfer tee to green who can't putt for sxxt 

may be wrong and he may have been taken out of context but on what I've read I would be replacing him ,,,, there a very thin line between healthy confidence / self belief and misplaced arrogance 

He is not the best right back I have ever seen in a Derby shirt by a long way but he is one of the physically strongest who gets into so many promising crossing positions only to stop and check back inside and do nothing with the ball or ballon the ball over the bar or over the heads of those in the box, if someone could get him to go to the bye line and cut it back to the penalty spot we would score a lot of goals or win many more corners, I live in hope. Actually John Brayford is probably the most reliable right back at all aspects we have had in the last ten years ( I suppose we will see him playing for Sheffield united next season)

If he had a footballing brain he would be a good player, but he has no clue what do with the ball when he beats his full back, most crosses are poor, he has no positional sense at all, and he is poor at defending, no wonder Ince and Keogh get frustrated with him, Baird at 35 years old, is streets ahead of him, hope someone buys him from us, heard a few are interested at a couple of million pounds as well, if that is the case , then Wisdom is deffo worth 4 million pounds.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'm in you with the camp that Martin is a bit overrated but you think Christie is a good player? Nah he's awful, he's so braindead it makes my head hurt watching him play.

Martin isn't overrated by the general footballing public or even Derby fans for that matter, just a small contingent of our fans some of whom post like crazy on the forum because they are stuck in 2013-14

Christie hasn't played to his potential that's for sure and he can be frustrating and makes my head hurt too, but he attacks and I love that, and how is he worse than Fozzy for example. And Fozzy is suddenly a sacrosanct player now he's out and we don't win. Both Fozzy and Christie are excellent: fast, can defend when they must and are very good in the air. Christie though has that special ability of being willing and able to beat players relatively easily, and is very tricky on the ball too. I agree with him that he's one of the best but he certainly needs to step his game up. He's not premier league now but he's premier league quality - rather like Hendrick and Grant. 

His comments though are prob designed to orchestrate a move to a higher league - and they probably will. 

Archived