Christie's Future

cannable

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

John Percy in the Telegraph today: "Cyrus Christie will be allowed to leave for £2m".

Interesting price point.

Probably length of contract factored in to the figure. I really like Cyrus and the stick he gets on twitter from 'fans' is out of order. He is a cracking full back at this level and the criticism he gets on a regular basis baffles me.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the feeling it's more about discipline in the role and priorities ,, my bet is gr wants a full back to be first and foremost a defender ,I don't think that means he doesn't want a full back to get forward at times but just not all the time ,more a pick the right time ,, I pick up from what Christie said in recent interview that is nt how Christie has seen his role or also see s his role developing as a play , reckon Christie sees himself as an attacker from the full back position and feels he has more to offer in that role .

dont mind Christie being replaced if rowett is looking for something else from his right back ,, would be nice to see us become very hard to score against because we really are well organised and can defend calmly and confidently 

Gary needs to produce a few very good signings if he's going to ditch a £2m full back and our best midfielder.

Otherwise it could be a case of Blockhead revisited.

Archived