Christie's Future

cannable

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

@Derby_EnglandLoyal - I'm confused... Is he trying to say he doesn't know who CC is?

Or maybe he's trying to take the mick? Can't really tell tbh. If he's actually being serious then I give up

@Sparkle - Agree. He could be a lot better but last season he did have a bad injury when he was hitting form. Wasn't a huge miss because of the form of Baird. But I think if we didn't have Ince as the right winger he would be better. As Ince has said in the past, them two just get into each others space and can't really do anything.

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Or maybe he's trying to take the mick? Can't really tell tbh. If he's actually being serious then I give up

Well he's not very good at telling jokes if that's the case...

1 minute ago, scarboroughwa said:

Aaannnnndddd, that's why mid table mediocrity and play of wannabes are us.

Time for a reality check.

Could I request a chromosome check over here please... 

I'm really not sure what your point is to be honest... This is a forum for Derby fans & some other football fans, and my twitter is full of Derby fans... The polls are aimed at Derby fans. If you don't know who Cyrus Christie is, then god help you. 

At certain times he has looked the best in the league. But he has equal spells when his confidence is shot and he lacks any quality of confidence. I guess my opinion of how good I thought he was, was based on the McClaren way of playing where teams would block off the middle of the park, and our full backs were the only players to get the space to play in.

How many times did we see teams match up against our 3 in midfield, and McClaren would call it "a full back game".

Good luck to him, but based on the last season alone and the way we have tried to play, Baird has been a better option.

Baird also has the intelligence to form partenerships with Ince or whoever is infront of him. Chrisite has great athlethism but doesnt seem to have the footballing intelligence.

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

@Sparkle - Agree. He could be a lot better but last season he did have a bad injury when he was hitting form. Wasn't a huge miss because of the form of Baird. But I think if we didn't have Ince as the right winger he would be better. As Ince has said in the past, them two just get into each others space and can't really do anything.

Well he's not very good at telling jokes if that's the case...

It's not a joke.

Someone above related to being one of the best clubs in the championship. Fair enough, I only made it to six games and the rest on tele but if you reckon we were one of the best clubs in the championship then I'm not sure you were keeping an eye on the other games.

I love Derby but I'm not delusional.

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Could I request a chromosome check over here please... 

I'm really not sure what your point is to be honest... This is a forum for Derby fans & some other football fans, and my twitter is full of Derby fans... The polls are aimed at Derby fans. If you don't know who Cyrus Christie is, then god help you. 

Gee, in your opinion, was M christie better than C Christie? Yes, I know, different players, different eras, different positions etc, etc, etc.

So, what do you reckon? You won't find it on twitter.

It's not a joke.

Someone above related to being one of the best clubs in the championship. Fair enough, I only made it to six games and the rest on tele but if you reckon we were one of the best clubs in the championship then I'm not sure you were keeping an eye on the other games.

I love Derby but I'm not delusional.

Ermmm... Do you want to read through my posts again? 

I'm going to break this down for you so you understand :) 

Point 1 - Cyrus Christie is Derby County Right Back. He is not a fan. He did not say that we were the best club in the championship. He stated that he, himself, is the best right back in the league on his best day. Nothing about the club.

Point 2 - I posted this on twitter. I have not stated that as my opinion once, because it is far from my opinion trust me. 

Point 3 - Might want to try and read before slating someone :D 

Have a great day :D.

Gee, in your opinion, was M christie better than C Christie? Yes, I know, different players, different eras, different positions etc, etc, etc.

So, what do you reckon? You won't find it on twitter.

Are you ok? Do you want me to call someone?

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Some refreshing honesty instead of the normal mumbo jumbo we hear.

Bravo Cyrus!

And of course he can adapt here and there but he needs to keep attacking, and be a Hector Bellerin, as that's what the top full backs  all do 

I'm in you with the camp that Martin is a bit overrated but you think Christie is a good player? Nah he's awful, he's so braindead it makes my head hurt watching him play.

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

No i'm being serious... Like honest. I don't understand your points. You're arguing over literally nothing. 

After you're condescending shout out to our fans with Down Syndrome, it's this: I'll speak slowly...

The 'who' reference to Christie was a reference to how very average he is, overall. No-one outside of Derby would rate him much. It's sort of in the semantics that you are setting your sights too low (see reference to mid-table mediocrity). Never mind. As you were. Enjoy.

Just now, Dimmu said:

I agree. On his day he is excellent.

Shame we haven't seen those days at all lately.

Hopefully he'll find that form back ASAP. 

Archived