Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

Isn't it pretty much role reversal from where we both were when they had Davros the first time around? Made the playoffs but failed, relying on 'seasoned professionals/journeymen' at the cost of their youth set up Vs Trying to beat the drop......?

I don't think there's much crowing to be had by either side at the moment, which is probably why it's quiet.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I notice a distinct lack of activity here. Thought it would be full of trolling forest fans. Maybe it’s got through to them that a play off failure is still a million times better than what they’ve achieved in living memory, so a troll wouldn’t really last very long before being shot down in flames. 

As disappointed as I may be, I can always console my self that at least I’m not a forest fan. 

Go on twitter, plenty on there. I'm trying not to stick the boot in so close to Monday's game..

When Vydra goes to Stoke for 5m I might return though ? 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Go on twitter, plenty on there. I'm trying not to stick the boot in so close to Monday's game..

It sounds quite silly considering he was the top scorer, but I don't think Vydra would be as huge a loss as it looks on paper. We seem to have changed formation and it really doesn't suit him so he ended up on the bench a lot more towards the end of the season. It's better to sell him now for hopefully a decent fee (not looking promising based on the Ince and Hughes sales) than him have little impact next year and be down to having just a year left on his contract. It just comes down to how we reinvest the money and to be fair to Rowett, even though I'm not a fan of his, his signings for the most part have done well this season. It's just most of them are on the old side and goes against the whole plan Mel set out to sign players who will only increase in value

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It sounds quite silly considering he was the top scorer, but I don't think Vydra would be as huge a loss as it looks on paper. We seem to have changed formation and it really doesn't suit him so he ended up on the bench a lot more towards the end of the season. It's better to sell him now for hopefully a decent fee (not looking promising based on the Ince and Hughes sales) than him have little impact next year and be down to having just a year left on his contract. It just comes down to how we reinvest the money and to be fair to Rowett, even though I'm not a fan of his, his signings for the most part have done well this season. It's just most of them are on the old side and goes against the whole plan Mel set out to sign players who will only increase in value

also goes against the plan to be able to play 2 games in 3 days without wheezing away like sets of old bagpipes ...

On 17/05/2018 at 22:33, GadFly said:

Not liking some of the names they're linked with, ever so slightly concerning. If they get Marriot and/or Maddison and we don't even entertain putting a bid in I'll be seriously pissed off. 

I would imagine you wouldn't be able to afford them and still compete without breaking FFP. Not without making big sales.

Who could you sell other than Vydra? Don't imagine there's a huge amount of money there. 

11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I would imagine you wouldn't be able to afford them and still compete without breaking FFP. Not without making big sales.

Who could you sell other than Vydra? Don't imagine there's a huge amount of money there. 

We should be fine for FFP in terms of transfer fees. It's the wages that's our problem at the minute. FFP is based on the previous 2 seasons and a projection of finances for the current season. So we're at near enough even for 2016/17 and around £10 million profit for 2017/18 season leaving plenty to spend if Mel wanted for the upcoming season. As for wages, we've got Shackell, Bent and Baird all leaving now their contracts have expired and that's probably a good 50-60k a week gone. Unfortunately though I think Mel has hit the point where he's no longer wanting to invest a lot into transfers because of how badly recent seasons has gone, so we'll probably have a season of consolidating and bringing through some youngsters. Then at the end of the 2018/19 season we have 5 or 6 of the older, higher paid players out of contract so it'll probably be then when we properly start fresh and rebuild the team

On 17/05/2018 at 15:31, Red_Dawn said:

Vydra won’t be going to Stoke if Rowett turns up there, so enjoy the holiday ?

Sith Happens
20 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

Cant blame you.

You know where hes landing next year after hes been sacked from Stoke 

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

@eezzeetiger @Red_Dawn is this guy like a known troll by Forest fans? Keep seeing him crop up when reading stuff on Twitter about Derby

He's near enough doubled Rowett's wages there just to try and make it seem even more dramatic. And people are actually believing him ?

It's only gumps who want to believe him. It's really not important, it's just very poor banter that goes round in circles.

25 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

It's only gumps who want to believe him. It's really not important, it's just very poor banter that goes round in circles.

**** it, let them believe it. It just means the deal we just did was even better.

- took £35k a week off the wage bill

- got rid of a manager that won just 2 in 18

- got rid of a manager that bottled promotion 

- and got paid £2m for the privilege. 

And presumably stoke are paying at least the same wages. 

So I’m not really sure how thus is supposed to reflect badly on us. 

Refkexts badly on stoke though. 

11 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

@eezzeetiger @Red_Dawn is this guy like a known troll by Forest fans? Keep seeing him crop up when reading stuff on Twitter about Derby

He's near enough doubled Rowett's wages there just to try and make it seem even more dramatic. And people are actually believing him ?

Yeah he is, I follow him ? 

Archived