Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

**** it, let them believe it. It just means the deal we just did was even better.

- took £35k a week off the wage bill

- got rid of a manager that won just 2 in 18

- got rid of a manager that bottled promotion 

- and got paid £2m for the privilege. 

And presumably stoke are paying at least the same wages. 

So I’m not really sure how thus is supposed to reflect badly on us. 

Refkexts badly on stoke though. 

1.8m I heard. Even so, you've had Stoke pants down here. 

Like I said, us paying Pompy for Cotternil springs to mind!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Not much mate.

Ol Gary wasn't quite as loyal as this lot made out, Vydra following him out the door. 4m

He wasn't as loyal as HE made out.

Source for the Vydra fee? you seem to know more about the club than i do.

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Not much mate.

Ol Gary wasn't quite as loyal as this lot made out, Vydra following him out the door. 4m

56 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Hemorrhaging 3m a month, 10m FFP bill incoming?

Going down with a fiver in the bank  

Really???

thought something was wrong when I saw all those empty seats for a Play Off semi final.  They've stopped giving tickets away then? or are they giving more tickets away hence 3

FFP? thought Mad Mel was this astute businessman with millions in the bank and they were well within the limits? only what I heard tho.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Hemorrhaging 3m a month, 10m FFP bill incoming?

Going down with a fiver in the bank  

The Daily Mail article that comes from was an ill researched bit of grub. One of the blokes we have apparently got rid of to cut costs has actually retired and we were within all FFP guidelines this season so there wont be a fine. We need to get our **** together for the next round of accounts though, so certain things will have to go. No dramas, not yet anyway.

Some absolute weapon at the mail has just decided to throw it out there because we are in the news with Rowett going, all for the clicks innit.

Sith Happens
On 23/05/2018 at 15:43, stoners said:

Really???

thought something was wrong when I saw all those empty seats for a Play Off semi final.  They've stopped giving tickets away then? or are they giving more tickets away hence 3

FFP? thought Mad Mel was this astute businessman with millions in the bank and they were well within the limits? only what I heard tho.

I agree. Its a worry. If only we had a match fixing drugs dealer to rely on to fund us. ?

On 23/05/2018 at 16:02, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The Daily Mail article that comes from was an ill researched bit of grub. One of the blokes we have apparently got rid of to cut costs has actually retired and we were within all FFP guidelines this season so there wont be a fine. We need to get our **** together for the next round of accounts though, so certain things will have to go. No dramas, not yet anyway.

Some absolute weapon at the mail has just decided to throw it out there because we are in the news with Rowett going, all for the clicks innit.

@David said the other guy left the club a year ago ?

16 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Nottingham is officially bottom of the barrel.  Took this from a BBC article published today. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44237180

Being serious for a moment... sad to see 6 east/west midlands towns and cities in the bottom 10. Interesting to see Derby has avoided that indignity though.

We are in the top 10 for  highest average wages as well http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43729508

18 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Nottingham is officially bottom of the barrel.  Took this from a BBC article published today. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44237180

_101735723_income_bottom10-nc.png

Being serious for a moment... sad to see 6 east/west midlands towns and cities in the bottom 10. Interesting to see Derby has avoided that indignity though.

Shared this to some friends recently. I moved to the Berkshire and working in west london about 18 months ago, it is staggering the disparity in wages for certain jobs. You can certainly see why people do move. 

12 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Shared this to some friends recently. I moved to the Berkshire and working in west london about 18 months ago, it is staggering the disparity in wages for certain jobs. You can certainly see why people do move. 

Everyone who actually does any work in Berkshire appears to be from the Midlands or the north. I still live in Derby, but work in Berkshire - in my workplace alone there are 4 others from Nottingham, 3 from Derby, a couple from Staffordshire and half a dozen from further north - very few locals. Wages are not even close to what they would be back here - same goes for the ridiculous amount of work down there compared to everywhere else.

21 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Can it be called earnings if it's predominantly benefits?

22 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

You would think that the extra digits they have in Notts, productivity would be high, thus they would earn more...

Archived