if Blackman scores

Tamworthram

15 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

If Blackman scores I will hop around pride park whilst licking my own balls, wearing a red dog shirt shouting 'I love Fawaz' at the top of my voice.

Clapping would do.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

Asking me would be too easy, wouldn't it?

I quite like Nick, and I feel for him in many ways. I remember interviewing him when he signed & him telling me that he wanted to play as a number nine. I'm not sure he's ever really had the chance.

Yes, he's had injury problems and I'm sure he'd admit he hasn't found his best form, but he must be frustrated.

I genuinely would have loved to see him score today. It might have been a nice touch to let him take it. 

So from my point of view, I wasn't really mocking him. Though there was a certain element of gallows humour to everything today, I'm not sure it was intended that way by those singing either - it's not like he's Diego Forlan afterall, he hasn't been on the pitch for the most part.

That's the view of this "professional" journalist. 

OK. I accept your point, respect you for responding and apologise for any offence. Maybe I did over react. However, only the naive wouldn't have recognised the song as mocking and I was surprised to see your tweet. I don't buy the long term injury excuse, we won't be singing it to Thorne. 

I can't imagine the song made him feel good. Fast forward to next season and you're interviewing him after he scores a hat trick against the red dogs. I wonder how you'd defend the song and and your tweet. Purely hyperthetical of course - I'm sure he will have forgotton it. ;)

I honestly don't get this Blackman criticism as it's not his fault we signed him and he's done nothing wrong. 

Ok he got injured but so have other players.  

He did ok at Rotherham when he came on and livened the game up. 

Why would Harry Redknapp say Nick Blackman is a very good player and he looks great in training. 

Lets give the lad a chance but if course it's up to Rowett whether that happens or not. 

7 starts since he came here. Don't think he deserves the chant or abuse he gets and he's not been played in his preferred position either. I think some of the so called positive members of the forum should be ashamed 

It's hardly NOT supportive though is it? Because he hasn't scored many and plenty of us would genuinely have loved to see him score. It's born out of an excitement that he might come on and score. Is it not a motivation for him? 

He's had injury problems, I get that, but other than that I've not seen him give a **** playing for us. He looked shell-shocked that anyone paid £3m for him when he first turned up and every time he's been on the pitch he's looked like he needs a kick up the arse. I don't think any of our managers have done that, not even Pearson the famed arse kicker, clearly because he quite liked Blackman.

I don't buy this unconditional support thing. I don't have high expectations of players that come to Derby County but Nick Blackman doesn't even come close to doing enough.

And that doesn't even come on to the fact that I can't see what his assets are. A bit of pace, a bit of power, but not enough of anything. His finishing record isn't even that good. He's not scored many goals except in that one season for Reading. Or did fans sing nasty songs about him for his whole career as well that made him play like dogshit? 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

He's had injury problems, I get that, but other than that I've not seen him give a **** playing for us. He looked shell-shocked that anyone paid £3m for him

Tombo, you're being harsh and I'll tell you why. In his 7 starts the guy has had 4 managers. It's not shell shocked from his price tag, it's more probably a look of who are these players and what am I supposed to be doing. 

Pre season under Pearson he was one of the stand out performers.

I wouldn't write him off at all yet, he's not a chance. Everyone talks of him like he's a donkey, a donkey that scored 11 goals before we signed him January. How many Derby players have scored that this entire season? 1.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Tombo, you're being harsh and I'll tell you why. In his 7 starts the guy has had 4 managers. It's not shell shocked from his price tag, it's more probably a look of who are these players and what am I supposed to be doing. 

Pre season under Pearson he was one of the stand out performers.

I wouldn't write him off at all yet, he's not a chance. Everyone talks of him like he's a donkey, a donkey that scored 11 goals before we signed him January. How many Derby players have scored that this entire season? 1.

We will sell him at our peril.  

6 hours ago, Tombo said:

It's hardly NOT supportive though is it? Because he hasn't scored many and plenty of us would genuinely have loved to see him score. It's born out of an excitement that he might come on and score. Is it not a motivation for him? 

He's had injury problems, I get that, but other than that I've not seen him give a **** playing for us. He looked shell-shocked that anyone paid £3m for him when he first turned up and every time he's been on the pitch he's looked like he needs a kick up the arse. I don't think any of our managers have done that, not even Pearson the famed arse kicker, clearly because he quite liked Blackman.

I don't buy this unconditional support thing. I don't have high expectations of players that come to Derby County but Nick Blackman doesn't even come close to doing enough.

And that doesn't even come on to the fact that I can't see what his assets are. A bit of pace, a bit of power, but not enough of anything. His finishing record isn't even that good. He's not scored many goals except in that one season for Reading. Or did fans sing nasty songs about him for his whole career as well that made him play like dogshit? 

Not sure if you're trying to be funny or are just naive (I hope and suspect the former) if you think the song was born out of excitement or was likely to motivate him (other than "I'll show the ***ers). Also, whilst I've not seen a great deal of ability from him yet I don't have reason to question his attitude. 

27 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Who would you rather have?

Connor Sammon - 1.2m

Nick Blackman - 2.5m

??????

*Saw theme tune*

Make your choice

Sammon, because at least he would be fit most of the time to contribute to the team in his classic Bambi on Ice style.

If it helps, during a live Instagram video Nick B took after the game on the coach, he was actually laughing about the chant and didn't seem to be bothered about it in the slightest. Players aren't blind to the way they are/might be perceived by fans.

He knows he's not done enough when he's featured. Equally you could argue that he hasn't been given a fair chance in his best position/ forced to play under multiple managers/ forced to play in multiple systems/ suffered from injuries. If he stays, I'll be happy and wish him well.  

238 minutes and 1 goal in the league this season. Extrapolated over a 46 game season and that's 17 goals :ph34r:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be disappointed if we started next season with Martin, Nugent, Vydra and Blackman as our forward options. They all offer something different and they're all capable of scoring. 

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

238 minutes and 1 goal in the league this season. Extrapolated over a 46 game season and that's 17 goals :ph34r:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be disappointed if we started next season with Martin, Nugent, Vydra and Blackman as our forward options. They all offer something different and they're all capable of scoring. 

Only if they aren't on the physio couch every week

Archived