if Blackman scores

Tamworthram

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

And under Wassall sorry but he is not good enough.

Whilst I agree he isn't good enough, he hasn't had a lot of opportunities here. He has had 2 good spells, beginning of last season at Reading and half a season at Sheffield Utd in league 1. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bent, he scores goals. Goals win games. Simples.

By far from simple for me as I'd keep Blackman who is a lot younger at Derby and move Bent on as he does very little other than get offside all the time. 

His goals mask his ineffective play 

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

By far from simple for me as I'd keep Blackman who is a lot younger at Derby and move Bent on as he does very little other than get offside all the time. 

His goals mask his ineffective play 

Lol. But Blackman is ineffective and doesn't score! It's no good going on what he might do, cos he might never. Whereas Bent scores goals.

I'm not really talking about whether he's good enough or not. I'm just questioning how mature and helpful I is to mock the ability of one of our own players as he waits to come on. Especially a "professional" journalist like Owen Bradley. 

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not really talking about whether he's good enough or not. I'm just questioning how mature and helpful I is to mock the ability of one of our own players as he waits to come on. Especially a "professional" journalist like Owen Bradley. 

He's allowed an opinion as are the fans. What isn't "professional" about his view?

Edit: plus he tweeted he wanted Blackman to take the penalty!

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

"If Blackman scores, we're on the pitch".

So that's how to support and get behind your team (even Owen Bradley joining in on Twitter).

OK, so, he's not done anything yet for the club and barely looks like a footballer this season but, come on, he's one of our players and, whilst I can't see it happening, I'd love him to come good. I wonder how he felt hearing that song as he waited to come on?

Barely looks like a footballer because he hasn't played mate, feel feel for him 

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's allowed an opinion as are the fans. What isn't "professional" about his view?

Edit: plus he tweeted he wanted Blackman to take the penalty!

It's not just his view though is it? The song was clearly intended to mock Blackmans ability and likelihood of scoring a goal and Bradley joined in with his tweet. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's not just his view though is it? The song was clearly intended to mock Blackmans ability and likelihood of scoring a goal and Bradley joined in with his tweet. 

Meh. So He joined in, ask him why @OwenB87 ? Can't see your point, are journos only allowed to simper and smarm over Derby players?!

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Meh. So He joined in, ask him why @OwenB87 ? Can't see your point, are journos only allowed to simper and smarm over Derby players?!

Asking me would be too easy, wouldn't it?

I quite like Nick, and I feel for him in many ways. I remember interviewing him when he signed & him telling me that he wanted to play as a number nine. I'm not sure he's ever really had the chance.

Yes, he's had injury problems and I'm sure he'd admit he hasn't found his best form, but he must be frustrated.

I genuinely would have loved to see him score today. It might have been a nice touch to let him take it. 

So from my point of view, I wasn't really mocking him. Though there was a certain element of gallows humour to everything today, I'm not sure it was intended that way by those singing either - it's not like he's Diego Forlan afterall, he hasn't been on the pitch for the most part.

That's the view of this "professional" journalist. 

Archived