Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Because there's nothing stopping you agreeing everything and having it all signed and sealed, just won't come into effect until July 1st - and as there's no games, it makes no odds.

That's my point, clubs aren't waiting until 1st July to announce things, so why would clubs wait to announce signing our players?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I strongly suspect Ince/Hughes will be the "sacrificial Rams" to balance the books. MM's message to GR at the FANSFORUM was clearly I'll back you with £ but you also have to generate some income too. I suspected since then that Ince will be sacrificialRam#1 and Hughes will be sacrificialRam#2. Keogh may be the 3rd one if necessary. Also suspect Cyrus will leave too, as well as Camara and Blackman. 

That's football. :mellow:

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

How did we sign Davies and how will we sign Wisdom today if the window doesn't open until 1st July?

Because players that have been told they are longer required by their club or those players out of contract can do a deal.

The official date is July 1st, that is the date everything kicks off, behind the scenes agents and clubs are negotiating deals right now. Hence the new speculation of Ince going to Newcastle......i think July 1st was made the date because a lot of players contracts are up on June 30th?

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I strongly suspect Ince/Hughes will be the "sacrificial Rams" to balance the books. MM's message to GR at the FANSFORUM was clearly I'll back you with £ but you also have to generate some income too. I suspected since then that Ince will be sacrificialRam#1 and Hughes will be sacrificialRam#2. Keogh may be the 3rd one if necessary. Also suspect Cyrus will leave too, as well as Camara and Blackman. 

Id rather us sell the likes of Cyrus, Camara, Blackman, JR etc etc at bargain basement prices to raise the funds than sell Ince & Hughes even if you shift them at £1m a player and make a loss on what we spent. But again it comes back to how much trouble has Rush left us in and is it funds we need for incoming players or to balance a mess.

9 minutes ago, toddy said:

Because players that have been told they are longer required by their club or those players out of contract can do a deal.

The official date is July 1st, that is the date everything kicks off, behind the scenes agents and clubs are negotiating deals right now. Hence the new speculation of Ince going to Newcastle......i think July 1st was made the date because a lot of players contracts are up on June 30th?

No it isn't? The official date is the 9th of June.

Apologies @David:D 

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

So how did this transfer happen?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40080163

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I suspect you may well be correct with all of those and we can only hope for a good market value for them but out of all of them I would prefer a nice loan fee for Hughes to a premiership club where he can display his talents and then attract the really big money or display those talents for us in the premiership 

21 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

No it isn't? The official date is the 9th of June.

Apologies @David:D 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Pre-season windowMid-season window Associations

1 July – 1 September1 January – 31 January 23:00 GMTEngland[20][21][22]

Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July,........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

The summer transfer window will formally open on 1 July, although clubs can arrange to sign players prior to that point, and close at the end of August.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/transfer-window-summer-transfer-window-3101123

When does the transfer window open?

The summer window will officially open on July 1, but Premier League clubs will no doubt be busy behind the scenes well before then. 

Expect clubs to announce signings throughout June (and maybe even beforehand) as they look to get their affairs in order in preparation for pre-season.

39 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Id rather us sell the likes of Cyrus, Camara, Blackman, JR etc etc at bargain basement prices to raise the funds than sell Ince & Hughes even if you shift them at £1m a player and make a loss on what we spent. But again it comes back to how much trouble has Rush left us in and is it funds we need for incoming players or to balance a mess.

Me too. I would not sell Hughes, Ince or Keogh.

I would sell Shackell though. 

10 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

You can announce signings at any point you like but the said player isn't officially your player until the next window opens. Teams are signing players left right and centre at the minute regardless of the window being 'closed'. 

I know this is always the case but I do wonder what would happen if a new player got injured during pre-season before they officially joined the club under contract?

Take Davies for example, he is a Derby player officially from 1st July, what if he gets injured when they report back on the 28th June and it rules him out for a year?  

13 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

You can announce signings at any point you like but the said player isn't officially your player until the next window opens. Teams are signing players left right and centre at the minute regardless of the window being 'closed'. 

Correct. 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Me too. I would not sell Hughes, Ince or Keogh.

I would sell Shackell though. 

We can't loan out or sell match winners without replacing them.

And how much would we need to spend and who do we replace Ince, Martin and Hughes with? 

Fringe players can be moved on because hopefully there isn't going to be lots and lots of chopping and changing of the first eleven and bench.

Most successful sides have a very settled starting line up. 

Archived