Jacob Butterfield appreciation society

Carnero

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked great today. Lovely player when he's got 10 yards of grass in front of him in the sunshine and he can take his time to pick a pass.

Get some terrier ratting around him, or worse yet a big strong unit clattering around so he can't get his head up....different story.

More often than not at this level it'll be the latter circumstance.  I'd sell him first serious offer that comes along. Liability.

Im on the fence on jacob

a talented and able footballer yes, for sure

but during his, what 2 years now? he epitomises where our side fall short

one week he looks the real deal, gets his foot on the ball, gets us ticking, sharp to the second ball but the following week he disappears up his own bottom and is quite literally nowhere to be seen or has the type of game where he couldn't find a white shirt even if it 'jumped up and bit him directly on the butt-ox'

who knows maybe gaz raz can get a greater level of consistency out of him

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im on the fence on jacob

a talented and able footballer yes, for sure

but during his, what 2 years now? he epitomises where our side fall short

one week he looks the real deal, gets his foot on the ball, gets us ticking, sharp to the second ball but the following week he disappears up his own bottom and is quite literally nowhere to be seen or has the type of game where he couldn't find a white shirt even if it 'jumped up and bit him directly on the butt-ox'

who knows maybe gaz raz can get a greater level of consistency out of him

He scored (practically) at Birmingham. He scored against Huddersfield, didn't play in the defeat at Wednesday and played very well today. I think he's more consistent than most. And hugely under appreciated here. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he leaves though. If that happens, someone will get a great player.

22 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

He scored (practically) at Birmingham. He scored against Huddersfield, didn't play in the defeat at Wednesday and played very well today. I think he's more consistent than most. And hugely under appreciated here. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he leaves though. If that happens, someone will get a great player.

Lol

Im talking over an entire season not a handful of games 

and yes hes not alone, hence why our seasons been over for the last however long

He is one of our frustrating players.

I think Clement's coaching numbed his forward instincts. He's clearly got ability though.

I think he'll either come into his own next season or not be here.

If he was just rubbish but a trier I dont think anybody would mind him, its because he could be really good that people get frustrated.

As for sideways and back....at least they mostly find one of ours.

He plays as if he's Pirlo.

He wants to run the show and everything to go through him, more control than Hughes.

The problem arises when he takes two or three touches, he wants to be a Pirlo type but where Pirlo will spray an amazing ball he'll pass it with less purpose than his time on the ball ahould warrant.

ALOT better than people give him credit for though. Instigates the moves for a lot more goals than people give him credit for. Ran the show today.

Lovely footballer.

Archived