Jacob Butterfield appreciation society

Carnero

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

What's a yer da player?

I've not seen that expression before.

The typical day to day fans who say "no passion, no desire, sell the lot of em, if I played I would kiss the badge and wear it with pride, foreigners are ruining English football." Basically their opinions are irrelevant. The term comes from Scotland 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

The typical day to day fans who say "no passion, no desire, sell the lot of em, if I played I would kiss the badge and wear it with pride, foreigners are ruining English football." Basically their opinions are irrelevant. The term comes from Scotland 

I wouldn't say day to day fans opinions are irrelevant, but I see what you're getting at.

He needs the right set up to be seen at his best, and I don't think he'll find it under Rowett.

Been a fantastic servant over the years though.

Just now, reveldevil said:

I wouldn't say day to day fans opinions are irrelevant, but I see what you're getting at.

He needs the right set up to be seen at his best, and I don't think he'll find it under Rowett.

Been a fantastic servant over the years though.

No doubt about that. He never has and never will be a holding midfielder and he looks lost there. He is at his best when playing higher up but we have better players there now. 

On ‎7‎.‎5‎.‎2017 at 21:59, Ninos said:

He's dire. An overpaid lightweight sideways and back passer that can't beat a player tackle defend or even score.  First player we need to move and if playing him means we can sell him easier then sell him. With hughes Thorne Bryson Johnson and Elsnik, seriously who needs this guy. Seriously depressing if we keep him.

I think you're  bit too deep in this Derby's black and white theme...

Players can be something else than world beater zanzala's or useless martins/butterfields.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

I think you're  bit too deep in this Derby's black and white theme...

Players can be something else than world beater zanzala's or useless martins/butterfields.

That's like 90 percent of our team isn't it. But Butterfield to me is the worst next to Bent who has talent but is just taking the mick. smartest thing Huddersfield ever did getting rid - they absolutely skinned us on that deal 

He's decent at best which makes him very uninspiring and useless. Epitome of a fringe player acquired for too much money who contributes close to nothing and is the champion of the fragile player who passes anyway but forwards. GR on record as saying we lack grit and have too many like for like players - so who you think he's referring to ? We won't have to endure him next year unless he hunkers down on his gravy contract.

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I'm onto my second bottle of Young''s special and I don't care.....

....so I'm giving @Ninos a like.

He's nowt if not consistent - thinks all our players are dreadful :D

Not all of them, actually very few of them - but butterfield and bent particularly so in their ability to kill attacking momentum and offer zilch out of possession

On 5/7/2017 at 12:04, RiddingsRam said:

Bit harsh ! Was he not our highest scoring midfielder last season , probably this season too , no stats to back it up ! He is no where near as bad as your making out ! 

Highest scoring midfielder this season ? Butterfield? He has one deflected goal correct ? and how many shots has he taken. He's in the Blackman group of executing goal scoring opportunities as far as I'm concerned. Do Correct me if I'm wrong 

20 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Martin is Messi compared to Bent and Butterfield. At least Martin offers something.

I can't believe it.

You've forgotten @toddy, and in doing so have forgotten who you are!

Search inside yourself Ninos, you are more than you've become.:D

50 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Highest scoring midfielder this season ? Butterfield? He has one deflected goal correct ? and how many shots has he taken. He's in the Blackman group of executing goal scoring opportunities as far as I'm concerned. Do Correct me if I'm wrong 

OK this season Bryson has 3 , Hughes 2 and Butterfield 1 . Not good from any of the really . But I stand corrected . He was last season though he got 7 , closest too him was Bryson with 3. Really think your being harsh on him. I thought he was brilliant against Wolves .

29 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

OK this season Bryson has 3 , Hughes 2 and Butterfield 1 . Not good from any of the really . But I stand corrected . He was last season though he got 7 , closest too him was Bryson with 3. Really think your being harsh on him. I thought he was brilliant against Wolves .

Remember Bryson was injured for half of last season though, so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that he could've scored more than Butterfield. Not really making a point, just vomiting a thought onto the screen.

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

Remember Bryson was injured for half of last season though, so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that he could've scored more than Butterfield. Not really making a point, just vomiting a thought onto the screen.

I've no doubt a fit in form bryson will easily surpass 10 goals a season. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

He's decent at best which makes him very uninspiring and useless. Epitome of a fringe player acquired for too much money who contributes close to nothing and is the champion of the fragile player who passes anyway but forwards. GR on record as saying we lack grit and have too many like for like players - so who you think he's referring to ? We won't have to endure him next year unless he hunkers down on his gravy contract.

I hope he stays, otherwise you might as well close down your account. 

In all his time at Derby never put two good games together. Very good technically but too passive in games, doesn't make things happen instead waits for them to happen, is too lightweight, isn't quick and can't tackle. Fits in to the too small, too nice, doesn't fit anywhere in the team category. Get rid for me.

Archived