Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

He was "sacked" for not being a big enough name. Look at Birmingham now

I was talking to  a blue nose mate apparently GR wouldn't sign his contract so what's why he was replaced .Common knowledge around Birmingham ,true or not I don't know.Not ended well for City either way.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I was talking to  a blue nose mate apparently GR wouldn't sign his contract so what's why he was replaced .Common knowledge around Birmingham ,true or not I don't know.Not ended well for City either way.

I could well believe it, however we dont know what was in that contract.

On 23 April 2017 at 08:52, rammieib said:

If a player choose to go down then that's a dive, pure and simple. Going down should be an involuntary action.

I didn't see enough of a foul in there anywhere.

Agreed

The reason Will didn't score was because he just hasn't got the physicality to strike the ball hard - why I don't know

Its the reason that he rarely scores. If he isn't in the six yard box to stroke or pass  it home it probably isn't going to happen

And probably one of the reasons why no premier club has come in for him after all this time.

And why he is increasingly starting on the bench.

He just can't kick the football with any power 

12 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Agreed

The reason Will didn't score was because he just hasn't got the physicality to strike the ball hard - why I don't know

Its the reason that he rarely scores. If he isn't in the six yard box to stroke or pass  it home it probably isn't going to happen

And probably one of the reasons why no premier club has come in for him after all this time.

And why he is increasingly starting on the bench.

He just can't kick the football with any power 

19 minutes ago, rynny said:

Think you will find 3 or 4 in here.

No issue with the quality of Will

Just trying to understand why he scores so few goals. And why he is still here. 

Any thoughts from yourselves - I have made my theory , what about yourselves ?

4 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

No issue with the quality of Will

Just trying to understand why he scores so few goals. And why he is still here. 

Any thoughts from yourselves - I have made my theory , what about yourselves ?

He is too unselfish. There are times he should shoot but sets someone else up. He is always looking for the next pass and sometimes forgets about taking the shot. Also he, at times, is too deep but when he is he is normally the one who passes to the player that makes the assist.

On the video that i put up there are quite a few times where he has had a good shot but the keeper has pulled off a better save.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Nice goal, but still a bit of an up and under, rather than a pure hit from the deck.

This is a good video, watch it and tell me we'd be better off without him!

He's fantastic and arguably the best pure footballer we've ever had (yes better than Eranio) ... crying shame he's never had a great supporting cast.

and when he plays we are at least getting value for money in terms of entertainment with his skill on display.

If we got rid of every other player and kept just him and made him captain, we'd have a good foundation. Reality is that my vato homeboy, well, he good.

goals will come

44 minutes ago, rynny said:

He is too unselfish. There are times he should shoot but sets someone else up. He is always looking for the next pass and sometimes forgets about taking the shot. Also he, at times, is too deep but when he is he is normally the one who passes to the player that makes the assist.

On the video that i put up there are quite a few times where he has had a good shot but the keeper has pulled off a better save.

There's on instance on the video where you think 'put the laces through it'.

Instead he reverses it to an unmarked Martin running in behind, who slots it home.

I don't understand how he even saw him, yet alone played the pass, but I don't want to lose those gasp moments, which only he can provide.

25 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

There's on instance on the video where you think 'put the laces through it'.

Instead he reverses it to an unmarked Martin running in behind, who slots it home.

I don't understand how he even saw him, yet alone played the pass, but I don't want to lose those gasp moments, which only he can provide.

Oh without doubt. Some of the things he does is just unbelievable, that oass to Vydra against Wolves, I think, is better thn the one for Bent's goal. Was juat trying to offer a view of why he doesn't score as many as we would like.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Oh without doubt. Some of the things he does is just unbelievable, that oass to Vydra against Wolves, I think, is better thn the one for Bent's goal. Was juat trying to offer a view of why he doesn't score as many as we would like.

That and the fact that as Rowett said he's a young player still learning. :)

It's very clear that he is a fantastic talent when he is in full flow , I find it hard to believe there's a football fan on the planet who could watch the above clips and not think ,, my god that lads got something special ,,, I really hope rowett is the manager to get him in the right role on the pitch ( has to be further forward where he can hurt opposition ) with the right players around him ,, tin hat on , 4/4/2 diamond with Hughes at the tip of the diamond in almost a free role , two strikers , one a target man strong in the air and one a pacey vydra type , two real pacey wingers who can beat a man and cross but work back in defence ( may mean selling ince) and a midfield beast / warrior ,, and a defence of beasts who in the main just defend , nothing too complicated there 

That goal for the England u21s is top drawer.

Will's problem is that he's not getting near the goal enough. That's because he's the technical player that allows players like Bryson, Hendrick, Butterfield etc etc to get nearer. He should be getting in those sorts of positions, yes, but a combination of tactics and style have usually dictated that he won't.

We miss him when he's not around, or in any form. There's no one better in the team at pinching the ball from an opponent player, or anticipating and intercepting a pass, and turning it into a chance for us to bear down on goal. Problem is, that our players don't think or move smartly enough to take advantage of that.

Its alright saying he doesn't get enough assists or goals, and I'd agree, but its just not that simple.

Archived