Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Catch 22 isn't it. Players will do it against us and I'll be fuming but when it's one of our own I'd rather them play football fairly. Kudos to WH for not taking a fall, nice to see some honesty. 

only catch 22 if your latin american or italian and you brought it to our game like a cancer

not so much of it going on in germany outside of the allianz which has had foreign coaches and spanish players a plenty.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Seen the highlights now... Poor defending for both goals, really is time we sorted out this defence.  Our away form has been truly abysmal all season and especially recently. A hell of a lot of work for rowettt to do in the summer... We ain't scoring enough goals either. 

Yeah we're not making it count when we're on top. It's happened quite a lot this season. 

4 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

How did we actually play ?

Did we get dominated all game or were we unlucky not to get a point?

First half even

2nd half was much better and we had a few chances to make it 2-0. Decent corner for our goal. 

2 hours ago, neil62uk said:

Brief highlights   ... there  equalizer  looked very debatable  .... 

and why didnt Will Hughes take the net of its hooks at 1 - 0  :o

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10847026/sheffield-wednesday-2-1-derby

Wednesday first goal looked like it should be goal kick for us then? I did thought that at the time though. 

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Well done Will for not going down. I hate this 'He touched me therefore I'm entitled to go down' nonsense we have to put up with.

But he was fouled during that run. Maybe not deliberately or in an overly aggressive way, but he was fouled. And therefore it should have been a penalty. Trouble is that referees won't give penalties unless players collapse in a heap/fall over.

Chickens and eggs. Players and referees reap what they sow.

Exactly right. Players who are fouled in the box but don't go down almost never get the penalty they should be entitled to. It just doesn't seem to happen. Therefore players feel the need to go down to bring the attention of the referee to the foul and most managers would surely encourage them to do so in such a situation.

The problem is that this tendency seems to have morphed into to players going down when there has been contact but no foul....and of course diving when there has been no contact at all. It's easy to conclude that players fouled but don't go down should be given the penalties regardless, and that players who dive looking for penalties should be banned..unfortunately that's not the way the game is at the moment.

When nigel left it seemed that we only needed two or three - wisdom, thorne, dawkins - to be real contenders.

now....i can't see much to build on. 

I've no idea where we are going.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

When nigel left it seemed that we only needed two or three - wisdom, thorne, dawkins - to be real contenders.

now....i can't see much to build on. 

I've no idea where we are going.

You'll find out in August onwards anyway. 

Well, that's another page, in another book, in another library....

In another world

You didn't need to add that.....

Love Ed and Craig :wub:

26 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not being funny.....But shouldn't we really have held onto schteve rather than all change again...I mean, what's better?

The summer would have invigorated either manager but I'd have money on the Mac being the more fun to watch,which i kinds like spending my dosh on.

if your names mel then fair enough -if it isn't - let Gary do his job. 

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I really do hope he does well....

Just not convinced we have an improvement.

We will see....

Yep, like we always do. :)

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not being funny.....But shouldn't we really have held onto schteve rather than all change again...I mean, what's better?

The summer would have invigorated either manager but I'd have money on the Mac being the more fun to watch,which i kinds like spending my dosh on.

MAC teams are fun to watch against teams that actually let us play. It's dogshite against any team that get in our faces though.

Archived