Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Did you mean to post this in the "confess your unpopular Rams opinions" thread?

:lol:  a simple mid-morning troll, my apologies. 

Having said that, weren't Blackman and Vydra regarded as bad signings 6 months ago? :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, McWha said:

Having said that, weren't Blackman and Vydra regarded as bad signings 6 months ago? :ph34r:

Fair point and GR has certainly worked wonders on Vydra.

I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have loaned NB out if he thought he had a place in our squad.

Personally,I’m glad he’s doing well in Israel,no one could ever accuse him of not giving 100%.

Sorry I seem to be one of those people who change the subject of the thread to a different player.

Slap on the wrist.

Martins a wardrobe. Most Valuable Striker we have. Cant forget his goal tally. cant forget his goal tally of the past year. Brings out the best in Russell. Keeps Derby in the game with his hold up play. Lazy and dives. Loan him out. Don't loan him out. Recall Blackman... did it again :mellow: 

12 minutes ago, McWha said:

Sorry I seem to be one of those people who change the subject of the thread to a different player.

Slap on the wrist.

Martins a wardrobe. Most Valuable Striker we have. Cant forget his goal tally. cant forget his goal tally of the past year. Brings out the best in Russell. Keeps Derby in the game with his hold up play. Lazy and dives. Loan him out. Don't loan him out. Recall Blackman... did it again :mellow: 

Are you on meth?

21 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Serious question..........Nick Blackman is now doing well. Could he be the younger Nugent we need? Still our player.

At no point in his career has he been anywhere close to being has good has Nugent and nor his now.

He is doing well in a inferior league if you look at his stats that has always been the case apart from a spell of a few weeks at Reading.

.Age wise he is 28 so not much younger .

I like Chris Martin and think he should start against Birmingham

I don’t quite get the ‘doesn’t fit our style’ stuff, I think he’s done well when he’s played and at times got more out of players like Lawrence because of the way he plays. When he’s started we’ve won games and he’s been valuable in others when he’s come on.

Last time Rowett spoke he said Martin was in his plans, until he says different lll believe that to be the same

Interest was always on the cards, I imagine a loan would suit other clubs but not us, and hence where the loan stuff is coming from 

2 hours ago, McWha said:

Vydra was never regarded as a bad signing but then we immediately loaned out Martin which left Vydra on his own where he is basically. Not at his best!

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Vydra was never regarded as a bad signing but then we immediately loaned out Martin which left Vydra on his own where he is basically. Not at his best!

a few on here claimed he was awful; worst miss ever in a rams shirt someone said of one shot

19 minutes ago, Spanish said:

a few on here claimed he was awful; worst miss ever in a rams shirt someone said of one shot

Agree. I’ve been a Vydra fan since he arrived in England and always hoped he would come good for us, but he seemed to be public enemy number one on this forum for a while last season.

i suppose that is inevitable though when you mix passionate fans with an out of form, out of position record signing. Glad he has won everyone over!

41 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Well,to be fair,he did so a very good impression of someone who wasn't playing well for us at the time.

Just goes to show how much being played out of position and in a set up that doesn't suit his skills effects performance.

Same goes for martin.

If Martin did go for me he'd go down as probably one of the best number 9s I've seen at Derby (20 years old) if he could get back into the team I'd be all for that but if we got decent money for him it would be a good move for both! 

Archived