Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If you take the wage figure as fact, it would take a bid of around £6.5m just to wash our face on the deal, nevermind make a profit.

We handed a player out on loan a £9m overall package to commit his future!

No, No, no.

It's pretty interesting to think what may have happened if Martin hadn't gone on loan and was left to fester in the reserves during Pearson's tenure. There's a good chance McClaren would still be here, and we'd have made the play offs last season. Unbelievably thin lines between success and failure in football, Wembley being a prime example.

I can't quite get my head around the 50k figure. It's not my money, so I honestly couldn't give less of a... 

I would be surprised to see it that high though. The Leeds paper that quoted the figure that would have 'torn up the wage bill' was 30k+. I would say that's more reasonable. 

Selling CM for £8m for us is a good deal. 

Taking £50k per week off of the wage bill is a good deal for us too. 

With the previous factors in consideration along with the chance we won’t be loaning him out to a competitor in the Championship is the ideal solution  for DCFC IMHO.

Also Chris Martin getting a chance to play in the Premier League again is a great deal for him.

So it’s a win/win scenario for us and CM

?????

I'd be astonished if Chris is on £50K a week but then how would I know. What I do think is that £8 million is a fair price for someone of his ability. This is the January window after all. We've paid over the top in similar circumstanes so I'll not be questioning what the club are asking as there'll almost certainly be some wiggle-room built into their figures anyway. 

In any case, doubters might care to reflect that not many were saying Vyds looked great value at £7 million either but he'd be worth 2-3 times that currently. Also, it's an inconvenient truth for some that the likes of Rowett and Lambert actually know a thing or two about players respective attributes and values, whereas most of us just like to think we do. Much as I hope he doesn't leave (rightly or wrongly!), I do think this is a deal that makes sense for all parties so it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that it'll go ahead. 

And besides, Stoke's pretty close to Wolves, right? 

If Martin is on 50k then I’d dread to think what everyone else in that dressing room is on...

£8mill at this stage would be about right (maybe +  a few add ons) and I think the move to Stoke would suit everybody. Martin is an international and I think the Prem would suit him fine, especially at a team like Stoke. 

At the same time, I’d like to see something a little more concrete before commenting further

***INCOMING***MESSAGE***DECRYPTED+++SOURCE***PRIDE***PARK

Agent Martin. Your mission, should you decide to accept it is to go to another Championship team and play out of your skin against our promotion rivals. Score goals that nick points off them, and make it easier for us to get ourselves promoted. Once your mission is complete, return to base.

Over and out.

:lol:

If Martin is on anything near £50 k per week then no wonder Mac and rush are gone but it would also beg the question as to what Mel was thinking unless a clough / longston type stunt was pulled ,,, made even more crazy by the fact that part of the whole mess at the time was Fulham reluctance to commit to a full time contract for Martin at the end of the loan ,,,, crazy crazy crazy and if true I for one will be extremely glad that Mac and rush were outed from the club

30 minutes ago, archied said:

If Martin is on anything near £50 k per week then no wonder Mac and rush are gone but it would also beg the question as to what Mel was thinking unless a clough / longston type stunt was pulled ,,, made even more crazy by the fact that part of the whole mess at the time was Fulham reluctance to commit to a full time contract for Martin at the end of the loan ,,,, crazy crazy crazy and if true I for one will be extremely glad that Mac and rush were outed from the club

Why would McClaren have anything to do with the amount Martin is earning? It is down to chairman, finance exec etc, all the board room people. Mac would have said he wanted him back and asked the board to do what they can to get him back, which included a new contract. They will know how much the club could afford.

1 hour ago, archied said:

If Martin is on anything near £50 k per week then no wonder Mac and rush are gone but it would also beg the question as to what Mel was thinking unless a clough / longston type stunt was pulled ,,, made even more crazy by the IPfact that part of the whole mess at the time was Fulham reluctance to commit to a full time contract for Martin at the end of the loan ,,,, crazy crazy crazy and if true I for one will be extremely glad that Mac and rush were outed from the club

This is complete speculation archied,why bother even getting a tiz about something we don't know about being talked about by people who know nothing about it???

And on the Fulham side,even if that's true,which we don't know either,I would have thought that it was sensible to have an option to buy at the end of a loan.....and Martin had made it clear by signing a new contract before the end of the loan,committing his future to Derby...so why would fulham try to take up the option then???

Nonsense.

To be honest I just wish he would go now , can only have a negative impact on the team from now on even if Martin isn't the perpetrator, image being in an office where everyone else knows that a new person has been bought in to replace you and the boss wants you out it is great for team bonding  

Archived