Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Beagle said:

Problem with any deal you broker for Martin is the fact he signed a long term deal on bigger wages last January.So unless someone matches that he has no incentive to leave unless he wants more regular football, and the number of club's with the ability to pick up his wages is limited, short of a premiership club which is unlikely.

Spot on thank Mclaren and Rush for that situation leaving Martin with all the aces 

11 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Yeah, god forbid they try and get McClaren's most important player back at the club, what were they thinking?!

It was Martins choice to go to Fulham on loan he was contracted to Derby and didn't have to go He only went because he couldn't dictate to Pearson how we were going to play  Then dummy out of the pram and go on strike when he gets tipped off we will give him a new contract to come back Luckily Fulham didn't fall for it and made him stay Its up to you if you condone it afraid I dont

40 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

It was Martins choice to go to Fulham on loan he was contracted to Derby and didn't have to go He only went because he couldn't dictate to Pearson how we were going to play  Then dummy out of the pram and go on strike when he gets tipped off we will give him a new contract to come back Luckily Fulham didn't fall for it and made him stay Its up to you if you condone it afraid I dont

story-time.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Another one who hates the truth grow a pair open your eyes mate 

Biting into a juicy pear is one of the joys of the season. See how to plant, grow, and harvest pears in your own backyard. They are easy to fit into small yard spaces, and attractive, and require very little care once established.

Also, growing pears is generally easier than growing apples, as they have less pest and disease issues.

Most pear trees are not self-pollinating so plan for at least two trees to ensure consistent fruit.

There are many different types of pears; some are best eaten raw and some are best for cooking. 

You can also grow pears in containers—and plant at any time of the year. (Make sure you purchase pears specifically bred for containers.)

20 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Biting into a juicy pear is one of the joys of the season. See how to plant, grow, and harvest pears in your own backyard. They are easy to fit into small yard spaces, and attractive, and require very little care once established.

Also, growing pears is generally easier than growing apples, as they have less pest and disease issues.

Most pear trees are not self-pollinating so plan for at least two trees to ensure consistent fruit.

There are many different types of pears; some are best eaten raw and some are best for cooking. 

You can also grow pears in containers—and plant at any time of the year. (Make sure you purchase pears specifically bred for containers.)

Have you been snorting it or straight injection mate

23 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

No I just think people are realistic. He's been told to trim the squad. You can only sell players that are wanted by other clubs. Bigger earners that aren't first choice are the ideal players to sell. It's not an ideal world. Year on year from our accounts we are getting in more debt. This is just an example regardless who else we sell. Sell Martin for £4m and sign a striker for £1m. Profit of £3m and potentially say 20k wages. Or if bent doesn't go else where there is no need to sign anyone else. Say £30k+ off wage bill and £4m profit. We need to get rid urgently and can only sell players that other clubs want. 

I think you're confused between losses and debt. Our debt as at 30/6/16 was £3m,and even that might have been repaid in the last 18 months for all we know. The club showed net assets of almost £72m as at 30/6/16, and I doubt you'd find a Championship club in better health than that (and you'd certainly find a lot more far worse,including negative equity).

It's well known we'd like to trim the squad,but I'm not sure we need to "get rid urgently".

42 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Starting to look like a shadow of his former self :(

Hope he starts at Old Trafford alongside Winnall, he badly needs a full 90 minutes.

What’s that then ? A shadow of a shadow ... sort of like a penumbra ? 

14 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I think you're confused between losses and debt. Our debt as at 30/6/16 was £3m,and even that might have been repaid in the last 18 months for all we know. The club showed net assets of almost £72m as at 30/6/16, and I doubt you'd find a Championship club in better health than that (and you'd certainly find a lot more far worse,including negative equity).

It's well known we'd like to trim the squad,but I'm not sure we need to "get rid urgently".

No debt, nada, zilch.

That's straight from the top. 

51 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Another one who hates the truth grow a pair open your eyes mate 

Hates the truth? Sorry for not believing idle speculation that is just thrown out there. You give me some sort of proof so I can open my eyes to your truth. Not sure what growing a pair has to do with it.

Good as he is (and he’s shown his quality at times this season) Martin is now our Plan B. Very useful to have, difficult to replace without spending a lot of money.

He is also the most valuable in monetary terms of all our fringe players. If Rowett wants a major signing this window then Chrissy will have to leave. 

It would be great to keep him but he’s an asset we can cash in on to help the team in other areas and it’s not fair to him being second fiddle when he’s still one of the best centre forwards in the league. 

If we do sell him then I hope it’s to Wolves as we’re not going to catch them anyway. I’d be nervous if we sold him to a Leeds, Sheff U, Bristol etc - could be just what they need to get promoted!

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It would be great to keep him but he’s an asset we can cash in on to help the team in other areas and it’s not fair to him being second fiddle when he’s still one of the best centre forwards in the league.

Unfortunately, just sat on the bench, he's an asset whose value is depreciating under Rowett.

If promotion is the primary aim, I wouldn't sell him in Jan.

I'd rather he sat on the bench with a mardy face than loan/sell him to a rival at this stage

If one of the other strikers get injured we'll be glad that we have another established Championship striker to call on. It's a long stretch now till the end of the season and historically this is where we struggle, so depth of squad is crucial

Yes it would be nice to addsome more flare or some more pace but if we don't need to sell Martin to add that then why bother?

If we do get promoted, we can sell him to a Championship team for a few mill anyway in the summer

Archived