Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Shame for Vydra. He was just getting some confidence 

I think it's a case of us Rowett wanting us to have a bit more control in midfield away from home combined with trying to combat Birmingham playing with a diamond (I believe that's how they've been setting up).

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Don't quite get the inclusion of Butterfield and the continued exclusion of Hughes with Vydra now left out too. But if anyone in the world knows how to set up v Birmingham it's GR ... 

coyr!

I worry that something isn't right with Hughes, ever since he picked up the injury against Leicester he's looked a complete shadow of the player he can be and consequently was dropped by McClaren and isn't being picked by Rowett. I think Butterfield in for Vydra is purely to give us more control in midfield, like he did when he came on second half against Fulham.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I worry that something isn't right with Hughes, ever since he picked up the injury against Leicester he's looked a complete shadow of the player he can be and consequently was dropped by McClaren and isn't being picked by Rowett. I think Butterfield in for Vydra is purely to give us more control in midfield, like he did when he came on second half against Fulham.

My paranoid mind thinks a deal has already been made with a PL side to sign him and Rowett wants to learn about the players he will have next season and so doesn't use him in a starting eleven.  Probably nonsense though

23 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Don't quite get the inclusion of Butterfield and the continued exclusion of Hughes with Vydra now left out too. But if anyone in the world knows how to set up v Birmingham it's GR ... 

coyr!

Butterfield scored. 

1 minute ago, Mick Harford said:

Butters!! 1-0

BBC say own goal. Hope that bet wasn't put on for a butters goal. Great to hear he's had an effect though. Have Zola's team changes made a difference. 

Fun fact: zola had won two games since he took over from GR. GR has already won 2 games with us. What a genius decision that was. 

4 minutes ago, ramit said:

My paranoid mind thinks a deal has already been made with a PL side to sign him and Rowett wants to learn about the players he will have next season and so doesn't use him in a starting eleven.  Probably nonsense though

I fear the same

Archived