Vydra

Jimbo Ram

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Chris Martin isn't the player being commented on. And yes I would. All this Vydra was amazing stuff is silly, he had a decent game and scored a goal that Bent/Nugent/Ince/Martin could have popped in. As I said flip-flopping comments about him.

'Popped in'.....!!!! I like it.... He lifted the ball up and hit roof of net. Quality. One or two others would have kept it down and made it easier for keeper. Better goal than it's been given credit for in my humble! 

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His touch and turn of pace was really impressive last night. We gave him the ball under pressure a lot in the middle of the park and he was leaving any QPR player near him for dust.

QPR left so much space in between their defensive and midfield line and Vydra thrived in exploiting that. Only our final ball as a team prevented us from thrashing them. It still remains to be seen how Vydra would play the same role against a side which puts a lot of players behind the ball against us and doesn't give us a lot of space outside the box. However if every team played against us the same way that QPR did, Vydra would probably end up as player of the season.

9 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

You and others have been quick to criticise any mistake Vydra has made since he joined. Can't you accept that he played well yesterday and linked up well with the other forwards.

See, 'flip flop'! Any mistake?! He's been ordinary, and now he's started to show a bit of decent play. Get a grip.

Football fans are passionate people, to sit online posting thousands of messages about a bunch of blokes kicking a bag of air around a field for 90 minutes, neglecting work, partners and personal hygiene (just a guess) just goes to show how much the club means to us.

Our strong feelings towards this bunch of ridiculously overpaid young men with daft haircuts causes us to have more mood swings than a female only prison. 

From not wanting Vydra to ever wear a Derby shirt again to jumping around in delight as he smashes the ball into the net.

Fans are fickle by nature but some can also be very stubborn, footballers go through bad patches of form, you will always find a I told you so as players have a good game. Probably guilty myself, in fact I know I am, why why why Weimann goooooaaaal! Admittedly it didn't happen very often.

With my search skills for every I told you so looking to force feed that humble pastry dish, I bet I can find a you got that one wrong mate, just remember that when you rush to bump a topic and claim your internet points.

It's worth pointing out a number of Derby players had very good games last night, some of which are on many not good enough, stick them on eBay lists. 

Good game last night Mr Vydra, very good. I thought your days were numbered, a change of formation has given you a role in the team now that suits you, not shoehorned in to make up the numbers.

I worry for you if we return to a 4-3-3 so you have 7 games left now to prove you're worthy. 

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

See, 'flip flop'! Any mistake?! He's been ordinary, and now he's started to show a bit of decent play. Get a grip.

Despite Brexit I am going for an entente cordial on this one. .. Vydra has been ordinary but he is a lighterweight player who will always show his skill better with the right amount of support. He is getting this now so we are seeing what he can do. And as SK said .. It was canny to roof that finish rather than hammer it at the keeper. 

Now just imagine Martin's holding skills with the blonde whippet feeding off him. In fact I'd go as far as to say Martin will be a better player with Nugent or Vydra close to him as opposed to being the centre of a front 3. 

Vydra was far better than ordinary last night, his one touch passing and movement absolutely showcased his quality at this level. From the moment he played for us I could see he had it in him, form is temporary but for an intelligent player like him, class is permanent

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Vydra was far better than ordinary last night, his one touch passing and movement absolutely showcased his quality at this level. From the moment he played for us I could see he had it in him, form is temporary but for an intelligent player like him, class is permanent

Agree, always looked menacing and skilfyl in his cameos. And in fairness wasn't given a chance under Mcclaren and only got a chance when he allegedly knocked on the door of mcclaren and said he could play left wing in the 4-3-3. 

Doesn't fit in a 4-3-3, does fit in a 4-2-3-1. He's very good at playing as a CAM with some classy touches/interplay and still having the impact of a second striker, getting into the box on the end of stuff.

Happy to have him in that position if this is the direction we're heading in now

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Chris Martin isn't the player being commented on. And yes I would. All this Vydra was amazing stuff is silly, he had a decent game and scored a goal that Bent/Nugent/Ince/Martin could have popped in. As I said flip-flopping comments about him.

Watch the highlights, specifically the part where with his first touch he slips between 2 defenders due to his sheer pace... then tell me that Bent/Nugent/Martin could have done that...

He had a good game last night and long may it continue, clearly talented but mis-used at Derby thus far, great to see him start to realise some of his potential.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I said he had a decent game.

So what would define a 'good' game for Vydra, especially in the context of this season?

The winning goal and probably his best performance in a Derby shirt is surely due more praise than merely ''decent'', especially with the length of time he's taken to pertain that level of performance?

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

A bit flip flopping over Vydra on here. He was alright and scored a poachers goal, a younger Bent.

That's pretty much my take on it.  He was barely involved for large parts of the game, and I was honestly amazed at the amount of praise he was getting on Radio Derby afterwards.  Yeah he was in the right place to take his goal, and he had a couple of good runs in the first half (that he did nothing with) and the odd decent touch or pass but he was anonymous for the rest of it.  The stats back that up as well - of the guys that started, he had the lowest number of passes completed, the lowest number of touches, the second worst pass completion and 0 key passes.  If he's playing in the middle of that 3, he's got to be a hell of a lot better on the ball.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That's pretty much my take on it.  He was barely involved for large parts of the game, and I was honestly amazed at the amount of praise he was getting on Radio Derby afterwards.  Yeah he was in the right place to take his goal, and he had a couple of good runs in the first half (that he did nothing with) and the odd decent touch or pass but he was anonymous for the rest of it.  The stats back that up as well - of the guys that started, he had the lowest number of passes completed, the lowest number of touches, the second worst pass completion and 0 key passes.  If he's playing in the middle of that 3, he's got to be a hell of a lot better on the ball.

I think that he has been so disappointing in the past that any signs of life get his fans extremely excited....

He certainly has improved and I look forwards to him improving further....he has some way to go before he matches ince or even bent in the classy goal scoring stakes....(and that free kick was appalling)

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

You'll be encouraged to see the error of your ways! I imagine RD were led by Vydras main cheerleader Ramage, he goes on and on about him (and Anya - who looked OK too, when he came on), it's the Watford connection you know. :D

I thought he played really well last night. 

Looked extremely hungry right from the start. 

What I will say though to all the "told you so" comments. He's still been crap before Rowett. Even if he goes on to be a Derby legend. Even if he goes on to score 50 this season. He's still been crap under Pearson and Mac. Nothing he does now will change his performances in the past.

Not as many people had ruled out him ever coming good as suggested. Some did. Some just pointed to the fact he's been crap over and over again and you can't keep throwing him out there if he's not giving you a reason to. 

It's not fickle. It's football. If someone is crap then call them crap. If they then play well are you supposed to call them crap so not to be fickle?

Credit to Gary Rowett too. It was a Pearson signing and he got naff all out of Vydra. You'd think he'd have done some research into how Vydra would fit before firing £8m out. Apparently not. 

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Credit to Gary Rowett too. It was a Pearson signing and he got naff all out of Vydra. You'd think he'd have done some research into how Vydra would fit before firing £8m out. Apparently not. 

He was aiming for 442. Vydra would have fitted.

the problem was the other ten.

Archived