Vydra

Jimbo Ram

11 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Baird

Hughes    Butterfield

Ince     Nugent     VYDRA

Vydra is clearly not a winger, as he's shown a few times. Weimann was the same, we keep trying our strikers in that problem left-wing position and they're all awful there.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Vydra is clearly not a winger, as he's shown a few times. Weimann was the same, we keep trying our strikers in that problem left-wing position and they're all awful there.

Yup. There was one moment v Leicester where we were breaking forward and Vydra was allegedly our left wing, there were acres of space for him to run towards and the ball was bound to go to him and we get a good run at their defence.....and Vydra runs straight between the closing centre halves, the run the striker would make to be in a good position to receive the ball from the breaking forwards left winger.....d'oh!

14 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

We don't play with wingers.

At our best we play a 4-3-3 with attacking full backs and two "inside forwards".

All things considered, the best outcome likely for player and club is Vydra moving on in some kind of player exchange deal, where we get a decent striker (or other) and the (huge) loss on Vydra  gets disguised in one of those undisclosed fee arrangements.

Vydra would wreak havoc if we created an attacking system that built him into it. Unfortunately our manager is a one trick pony so it's 4-3-3 and he doesn't fit that so he sits then bench creating a massive financial loss for us. mcclarens cool though he can just wash his hands and blame Pearson. 

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Vydra would wreak havoc if we created an attacking system that built him into it. Unfortunately our manager is a one trick pony so it's 4-3-3 and he doesn't fit that so he sits then bench creating a massive financial loss for us. mcclarens cool though he can just wash his hands and blame Pearson. 

Can I just ask why he was also **** under Pearson and his 442?

What kind of pony does that make Pearson?

I'm already aware that vydra is a donkey

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Can I just ask why he was also **** under Pearson and his 442?

Because Vydra works best playing off a big target man and running in beyond them. The only place he's done really well in his career was at Watford where Troy Deeney played that role.

No idea why Pearson thought he could get the same kind of results out of a powder puff front two of Wilson and Vydra. He had a perfectly good target man striker in Chris Martin and got shot of him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Every time we look at something not quite working this season, we can look back at the exact moment in Pearson's reign where it took shape.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Right. He's not scored in plenty of teams but it's all Mac's fault!?

1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

No it wouldn't have. Martin is a lone front man who everyone else has to serve.

But Vydra / Anya played together  in the Watford side that got promotion.

Are you sure they didn't have twin brothers like Olsson? Get real, Anya is average and Vydra is, well I'm not sure what. Fook knows why we bought him!

Archived