Vydra

Jimbo Ram

38 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Hes been out for months give the bloke a chance it can take loads off players 5/6 games before getting anywhere near up to scratch 

He is  just not going to get that kind of opportunity with us anymore and it would take a strange run of events for that to happen.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Your argument falls down substantially when you're using Wiki as your reference....

Anyway - https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20 - Check out this link which is far more efficient than a website any individual can alter.

No I don't slag Martin off, his input to the team is far more all round and the goals are a significant bonus.

Chris Martin in the past five years has 64 Goals and 23 assists in 157 games. So one goal/assist every other game.

In the past five years Vydra has 44 goals and 11 assists in 130 games. Not too bad so lets concentrate on recent form:

In the past 2.5 years, Martin has 42 goals and 15 assists in 110 games. That's keeping us is 1 in 2 record showing consistency.

In the past 2.5 years Vydra has 21 goals and 8 assists in 96 games. That's not even 1 in 3.

I think 90% of DCFC fans also agree Martin does far more for the team (Defensively from set pieces I may well add as we're not covering ourselves in glory in this area) than stats will ever show you.

Yes ino this iv already stated this but vydra has been to different teams having to settle in unlike martin hes a derby plauer at the ens off the day slagging him off aint gonna help him get behind him hes a ram at the end off tge day and he trys as hard as anybody!!

37 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

I cant agree more but he cant help that its just unlucky on his behalf 

It's not unlucky, he's had chances to 'look good', he hasn't. Already Nugent looks more up for it and wanting it than Vydra. He's done more to look like he should be given more game time in (how many) a few minutes than Vydra has.

Not unlucky.

I can't help feeling slightly bemused by how partisan and boarder line personal we can get on this one.

Vydra is a useful quick striker who doesn't play well in the system we have. Add to that he is rusty and must be hugely discouraged.

we overpaid for him, that is pretty obvious now, but he did score under Voldemort and has ability as a footballer beyond just pace. He probably isn't going to fit which is bad luck for him personally and also for Mel's wallet. But it is pretty naff when we start saying he's rubbish or he'll never score or Martin is 10 times better. There is so much content that is being ignored. 

Personally to try and make something of the situation we should keep him in the system as an alternative wide player. Not ideal and we already have options but give the lad a break. 

2 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

Yes ino this iv already stated this but vydra has been to different teams having to settle in unlike martin hes a derby plauer at the ens off the day slagging him off aint gonna help him get behind him hes a ram at the end off tge day and he trys as hard as anybody!!

I agree he was bought in to play 2- up front but to say he tries as hard as anybody I really disagree with. I actually think he is a lazy player. He doesn't close down defenders, he rarely seems to sprint, and doesn't do enough to put himself in good positions. 

If he was trying as hard as anybody, surely he'd be making a bigger contribution?

My worry is anyone scouting him this year, we'd be lucky to get £2 million for him in the summer. Next year we have Martin, Nugent and Bent (I assume). He's not going to get a look in playing 4-3-3.

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I agree he was bought in to play 2- up front but to say he tries as hard as anybody I really disagree with. I actually think he is a lazy player. He doesn't close down defenders, he rarely seems to sprint, and doesn't do enough to put himself in good positions. 

If he was trying as hard as anybody, surely he'd be making a bigger contribution?

My worry is anyone scouting him this year, we'd be lucky to get £2 million for him in the summer. Next year we have Martin, Nugent and Bent (I assume). He's not going to get a look in playing 4-3-3.

He's definitely gone in the summer...it's just how much we can get for him.

Trouble is he has nothing to showcase to potential buyers for the past couple of years.

Unless we do getting him working on the wing and he suddenly shines in that role???

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He's definitely gone in the summer...it's just how much we can get for him.

Trouble is he has nothing to showcase to potential buyers for the past couple of years.

Unless we do getting him working on the wing and he suddenly shines in that role???

Wasn't he brought on as sub in the wide attacking role recently and did nothing - had a bit of a mare? Can't remember the precise match.

He has gone basicly two seasons without scoring and yet his career goals per game is 0.26. Means that he had some stats before going to Reading. (0.35 if I calculated correctly)

Not at the same level as Bent's career 0.37 (of course), but clearly better than Martin's 0.31.

Martin has clear advantage in these stats as he's not played as many games from the bench as the other two.

These stats should be done "goals per 90 minutes" to be more informative but I didn't find those in 4 seconds and gave up.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

These stats should be done "goals per 90 minutes" to be more informative but I didn't find those in 4 seconds and gave up.

Some great stats here:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=56676

They basically show that he has only scored lots of goals when on loan. We are the only club he has signed for that he has scored for (2)!

MOTWYW

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Every one he's played in pretty much and agree with whoever said he looked lazy

Yeah but come, it wasn't like that when he arrived and his head has dropped noticeably in the last two runs he's had.

there are several stories going on at the moment.

1) given that he may only get a few opportunities has he got the mental strength / gumption to lift himself and bust a gut when he does get even the smallest chance on the pitch in an attempt to redeem himself

2) will Mac try him wide again and could it work ? 

3) he doesn't fit our system so will we sell and take a big big hit in the summer ?

4) will Mac play him if we do the 4-2-3-1 where there is an outside chance he might fit, or is he going to be consigned to emergency striker in case of injury to all the others. 

5) are we going to try and attract a young keen striker because seeing what Bristol did with you hungry lads on Saturday it does make you think ? ... Or is Vernam that guy ? 

i really wanted Vydra to work - but now i am thinking that this is  - 1, bad luck, 2 wrong formation - doesn't fit, 3 no confidence....4 not really stuck anything away regularly when had some guilt edged opportunities  - lacking killer instinct

Sadly  - may have to take a hit on his price come end of season.

only thing which may save him  - if Mac can work on him in the summer  -  to be Chris Martins sidekick next year  - and play off him

1 hour ago, jono said:

Yeah but come, it wasn't like that when he arrived and his head has dropped noticeably in the last two runs he's had.

there are several stories going on at the moment.

1) given that he may only get a few opportunities has he got the mental strength / gumption to lift himself and bust a gut when he does get even the smallest chance on the pitch in an attempt to redeem himself

2) will Mac try him wide again and could it work ? 

3) he doesn't fit our system so will we sell and take a big big hit in the summer ?

4) will Mac play him if we do the 4-2-3-1 where there is an outside chance he might fit, or is he going to be consigned to emergency striker in case of injury to all the others. 

5) are we going to try and attract a young keen striker because seeing what Bristol did with you hungry lads on Saturday it does make you think ? ... Or is Vernam that guy ? 

Think he needs a run in the under 23 side as a wide forward on the left to try and get used to that position and hopefully get some goals to boost his confidence. Would also improve his fitness and if he doesn't look good there then there's not much hope in the formation we play 

Archived