Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half not that good

2nd half wow that is the Derby we know of.. 

Bradley Johnson take a bow for Nugent goal. ???

Disallowed goal was a perfect goal and not a foul. 

Nearly lost my hearing aid due some of our fans jumped at my back for our 2nd goal thankfully found it in next row. Think i'll go to front row next time. ?

44 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

What on Earth was Carson doing for the first?

Where was our defences or our player who supposed to deal with Clough. ? 

Rowett will have a look at this and hopefully try to resolve the issues. 

Even with a new manager I see that our players are sticking with their good union edict of downing tools and clocking out after completing their contractual hours and not doing any unpaid overtime. Maybe Mel will have to get round the table with the teams shop steward and negotiate some time and a half pay, so the lads will carry on playing after the clock hits ninety minutes. 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

First half not that good

2nd half wow that is the Derby we know of.. 

Bradley Johnson take a bow for Nugent goal. ???

Disallowed goal was a perfect goal and not a foul. 

Nearly lost my hearing aid due some of our fans jumped at my back for our 2nd goal thankfully found it in next row. Think i'll go to front row next time. ?

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Where was our defences or our player who supposed to deal with Clough. ? 

Rowett will have a look at this and hopefully try to resolve the issues. 

Can only assume you've been overcome with emotion DEL.

Haven't seen you write more than 2 lines since October 2015 :lol:

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Can only assume you've been overcome with emotion DEL.

Haven't seen you write more than 2 lines since October 2015 :lol:

Sorry. :lol:

3 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Wondering the where the **** the 2 CB's were and why our midfield let Clough just run direct untracked in to the box I imagine.

Bryson was good today in terms of his energy and usual endeavour. But he chugged along allowing his man (Clough) a free run into the box for that goal. The defending elsewhere and Carson too were appalling. I feared the worst at that point. But after a horrid show first half we got it together after the break and I felt Johnson was key. That coupled with moving JR back out wide. Great finishes by Vydra and Nugent. We should have put the game to bed. Pearce, Ince and Butterfield all went close. 

F****** sucker punch that equaliser. 

Oh, and as I've just got home and I'm quite inebriated I haven't seen the highlights but surely Johnsons goal should have stood? Their keeper fell into his own man didn't he? Dropped it. I was other end of the ground so might be way out. No? 

Its not a defeat. I saw good and bad. I hope we give this new new manager some actual time this time. But we need graft AND craft. First half was running without clues. Second half much better. 

Im off to Chile next week for a week. Could be worse. UTR!

24 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Bryson was good today in terms of his energy and usual endeavour. But he chugged along allowing his man (Clough) a free run into the box for that goal. The defending elsewhere and Carson too were appalling. I feared the worst at that point. But after a horrid show first half we got it together after the break and I felt Johnson was key. That coupled with moving JR back out wide. Great finishes by Vydra and Nugent. We should have put the game to bed. Pearce, Ince and Butterfield all went close. 

F****** sucker punch that equaliser. 

Oh, and as I've just got home and I'm quite inebriated I haven't seen the highlights but surely Johnsons goal should have stood? Their keeper fell into his own man didn't he? Dropped it. I was other end of the ground so might be way out. No? 

Its not a defeat. I saw good and bad. I hope we give this new new manager some actual time this time. But we need graft AND craft. First half was running without clues. Second half much better. 

Im off to Chile next week for a week. Could be worse. UTR!

Yeah, never a foul for BJ's.

However; causality, butterfly effect and all that.

BJ scored a perfectly valid goal.

It would have counted had the right honourable ref not seen fit to blow his whistle a fraction of a second before.

Their second goal was scored during four gratuitous extra minutes unjustifiably added at the end of an excellent second half.

Excellent game overall which Rams could/should have won 1-3.

Still Forest needed the point more than us!

UTR ?

I think I must be the only one that thinks that it was the right call to disallow the goal. Don't think it is given for taking the keeper out think it is because he has 2 hands on the ball and as he fell onto Johnson he inadvertently knocks the ball out of his hands. I certainly wouldn't be happy if it was the other way round and the ref gave the goal.

7 hours ago, Kernow said:

Just out of curiosity... if Forest went down, would anybody be genuinely interested in any of the Forest players coming here?

I think Osborn is a good player even though he's a cheating little toerag. Brereton looks good but he's been linked to better things and not too sure on Assombalonga personally. Clough is also a good player. He moved from Bolton to get out of League One, can't imagine he'd want to hang around there for long if he finds himself straight back down there. Other than those four, there's not an awful lot to choose from.

I'd definitely have Osborne and Clough.

4 hours ago, rynny said:

I think I must be the only one that thinks that it was the right call to disallow the goal. Don't think it is given for taking the keeper out think it is because he has 2 hands on the ball and as he fell onto Johnson he inadvertently knocks the ball out of his hands. I certainly wouldn't be happy if it was the other way round and the ref gave the goal.

Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. Goalkeeper tripped over his own man and dropped the ball on to Johnson, who was not even looking at him.

Not even sure if there was much, if any at all, physical contact between the two.

11 hours ago, unclej said:

I'm rather alarmed that Rowett wishes to start the clock again on the woeful record of conceding 7 times after 90mins this season.  Perhaps he will begin to work on the blatant issues that cause us to concede so late on when he has personally witnessed this happening for another 7 times? Just what a Derby fan wants to hear Gazza.

The answer lies in an examination of the exact opposite taking place in what became known as Fergie Time. Man Utd would step up their game in the final few minutes, raising their standard and work rate to score in the dying seconds. It certainly worked for Alex.  I listened to the game today with my Father. We were both equally sure that Derby would concede again in the final minutes. If we knew it, Derby knew it and so did Forest. We chatted for a while, pooling 80yrs of watching the Rams and came up with the single common denominator with Derby teams past and present that suffered from the disease of late goals.

Lack of quality.

We knew it, they knew it and Forest knew it. 

How about having a positive outlook on things? Who knows you might feel better.

Everyone knows we have conceded too many late goals, it was disappointing but I saw 11 players running themselves into the ground for the shirt yesterday, and other than the 2 goals we were defensively more solid than we have been recently.

Rowett will sort it out. As for Forest, they sensed nothing, they deserved nothing. They got lucky - it's not often I say that but they did.

Archived