Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

2 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Player power then... Nugent been here 5 minutes and lambasting the manager that brought him in shows a distinct lack of class.

Come on ... you want boring cliche interviews? It's refreshing to hear players getting into specifics of how we play - his whole point was the disconnect that's created between the strikers when the defence plays deep and plays keep ball with midfielders dropping 

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will go up next season, already some promising signs from Saturday, Nugent and Vydra. I think will bring in a big striker and a strong midfielder in the summer. He will also ship a couple out and I have a feeling we might be surprised who goes. 

I think in the summer we will build a team with balance, strength and speed and I don't think it will take much to do it. 

The f@@@t game was a step in the right direction let's see what else we get this term and look forward to the next one 

I was on a plane when the match was going off. When I finally got to the hotel and connected to the crappy wifi I got the score, 2-2. First thought was, I'm happy with that. One game we really didn't want to lose. Sounds like there were some good signs which is promising.

the next 8 games are a learning curve for Gary to understand this team. Who he wants rid of, who he wants to keep, and what formations will suit. Let's hope some of these players step up to their reputations and start performing week in week out for the badge.

first and foremost that's all as fans we should expect. 

17 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think we will go up next season, already some promising signs from Saturday, Nugent and Vydra. I think will bring in a big striker and a strong midfielder in the summer. He will also ship a couple out and I have a feeling we might be surprised who goes. 

I think in the summer we will build a team with balance, strength and speed and I don't think it will take much to do it. 

The f@@@t game was a step in the right direction let's see what else we get this term and look forward to the next one 

Dare I say a returning Chris Martin and a fit Thorne may help, I think we need a quality centre half. To be honest

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Dare I say a returning Chris Martin and a fit Thorne may help, I think we need a quality centre half. To be honest

If Chris martin plays on a Gary Rowett side I'll dye my hair deep red like that chick on the front row near the home bench and remove my DLF Ram tattoo. No chance. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Only manager in Boro's history to win a trophy for them.

Rynny, stop with the "he won a league cup at boro and a title at Twente" dog and pony line. I'd use the blind squirrel metaphor but I'd risk upsetting a whole rodent nation. His record as manager especially recently is atrocious and that's putting it nicely. No one finds way to lose like him, no one.

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

If Chris martin plays on a Gary Rowett side I'll dye my hair deep red like that chick on the front row near the home bench and remove my DLF Ram tattoo. No chance. 

I'm not Martin's biggest fan as you know but he will stay. Rowett likes big strikers front e.g jutkiewicz. He also would have seen what happened when Martin went on loan last time with Pearson with the fans' reaction.

31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm not Martin's biggest fan as you know but he will stay. Rowett likes big strikers front e.g jutkiewicz. He also would have seen what happened when Martin went on loan last time with Pearson with the fans' reaction.

Let's have a bet.

11 hours ago, Paul71 said:

But using the same logic, if a team is on the attack...player moves into the penalty area, his own player impedes him causing him to fall/stumble into a player who is defending which then causes the attacker to lose the ball is it a penalty?

Here is a link to the disallowed goal the keeper clearly has his feet taken from him by his own player...if anything its a foul on johnson not the other way round.http://goal91.com/soccer-360/disallowed-goal-forest-v-derby_45160.html

You're missing the point. I presume the goal is not disallowed for a physical foul by Johnson such as a push. It is disallowed because the goalkeeper has the ball in both hands when he collides with Johnson and therefore technically Johnson knocks the ball out of his hands (albeit unwittingly). Here's the law:

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save

holding the ball in the outstretched open hand

bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands. 

In this case Johnson will have been deemed to have challenged the goalkeeper when he had the ball in his hands. Therefore it's a foul.

Archived