Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

42 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Sounds to me a very positive result

After the Brighton game I was really worried about what might happen against Forest. We looked feeble, jaded and running on empty. Would have been more than happy with a draw before k off.

At Half Time it was equally worrying. And The BBC Radio 5 live reporter described us then "as drab as the weather". Again, would have been more than happy to have been given a draw at that point.

But the second half sounded superb, all credit to the Manager and players in what was not an easy environment to completely turn it around. They were unlucky not to win.

Personally I cannot see the point of spending hours debating over one isolated disallowed goal incident that may or may not have affected the overall result . I suspect Forest fans could point to several of their own isolated incidents that they felt should have done the same, including hitting the woodwork I understand

And the goal conceded at the death was hardly a surprise. Its indicative of the lack of team ethos and nous that we have long been aware of (and of which we are regularly reminded by unbiased external footy commentators ). And a reminder that we are one of the physically smallest teams around - until that changes we will always suffer from set pieces.

But, that second half should give plenty of encouragement - and GR is now well aware of the issues we face.

Four points out of six against Forest, BC Trophy in safe keeping at PP for at least another six months. Whats the problem ?

To me it underlines again what good timing the change of manager has been. End of season and it would have been too late and every chance of another awful start to the next season, irrespective of who was in charge.

Well done Mel.

Some good points there.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Much as I like Bryson.....and, I thought he did have a good game yesterday....just watched the highlights back and I cannot understand why he didn't track Clough's run for the opening goal.

I'm taking a wild guess he thought it was being picked up by someone else....but then so did everybody.

I don't expect my central midfielders to be tracking centre forwards, where on earth was Pearce and what was Carson doing more like ! 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Very rare that I think the match day thread hasn't captured the real story yesterday:

alluded to it earlier but what I saw was a new and real fierce desire from pretty much the entire set of midfield and forward players. Johnson looked premier league class and was involved in both goals and should have had his own. Nugent and Vydra were just terrifying dynamos; Ince scarily skillful confident and menacing; Russell focused direct and Bryson a total engine; and he did deflect that goalbound shot that ricocheted off the crossbar. I want Hughes in there but Bryson Johnson Vydra Nugent Ince and Russell should keep their places and that group made us look like a brand new team. The fact that under GR they showed that amount of energy and focus that they could just flick of a switch alter their team strategy half way through to crippling effect on Forest was amazing. 

I think we've got a real special thing about to happen at DCFC if what we saw yesterday wasn't some sort of fluke.

I agree with the sentiment and what I watched yesterday- the acid test will be how they play in all the other games but if we defend like that we will still have difficulties- one more quality central defender required for next season please and if we are as committed and industrious with a motivated Martin in the team we could be a major threat.

I throught first half was poor also disserpointing only 2 shots on goal and never got going and conceading a early goal was a silly mistake but 2nd half was so much better and saw glimsps of derby of old not afaird to have a go at goal. Vryda goal was well taken and please for him and nurgent also taken his early on. And masion bennet did really well when he came on and I am sure gary warrat will get best out of him. I throught Russell had a good game also causing forest all sort of probleams bradly johnson looked sharp again getting forward and using streagh and speed to cause them all sort probleams in midfield if we can keep 2nd half performance more often we could well be challegeing next season. For now it is has come down to finding right team and balance and giving manager time to see who he wants to keep and who he wants to leave in the summer. It could well be time to give one or two young players a game or two to see whoncan make the step up next season.

A bit gutted we did not win yesterday but that fight I want to see spacail 2nd half.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

ninos,lets be honest,yesterday was no different to a mcclaren match...first half shoddy,second half bollocking administered equaled an improvement then the customary defending deep leading to a late goal.

rowett may lead to an improvement but its more likely that he will have the same troubles with this side for the rest of the season that mac,a much more experienced and successful manager,had.

now,ill back rowett to the hilt as derby manager but id be careful about polishing him up to much or knocking mac down unreasonably until we see more from the new man........it could come back and bite you on the ass otherwise.

Puleez what a load of tripe. Try biggest failure of a manager. Failure after failure.  I look forward to ongoing pseudo ass biting from you but there won't be any.  I see a new Derby in one game. We have quality it just need organizing and unleashing.

20 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Puleez what a load of tripe. Try biggest failure of a manager. Failure after failure.  I look forward to ongoing pseudo ass biting from you but there won't be any.  I see a new Derby in one game. We have quality it just need organizing and unleashing.

i think you see what you want to see #ninosvision

26 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Taking Middlesbrough to the UEFA Cup final?

Winning the Dutch Leage with AZ Alkmaar?

Completely transforming our club when he came in in 2013, leading us to within an inch of the Premier League against all odds?

Say what you want about Steve McClaren but it's simply wrong to say "failure after failure".

7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Completely transforming our club when he came in in 2013, leading us to within an inch of the Premier League against all odds?

Say what you want about Steve McClaren but it's simply wrong to say "failure after failure".

He won the league at FC Twente for first time in their 45 years history. So don't know where AZ Alkmaar bit comes from lol. 

2 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Ok, well I obviously didn't but I did start using it on here first. Also my dad is bigger than your dad

Just now, Big Bad Bob said:

That wouldn't be difficult. My dad is only 5'7" not sure how I managed to grow to 6'2"

Wait why are you talking to yourself? :lol:

52 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Only manager in Boro's history to win a trophy for them.

16 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He won the league at FC Twente for first time in their 45 years history. So don't know where AZ Alkmaar bit comes from lol. 

Sorry I meant Twente! I got myself thinking about Alkmaar who won it around a similar time I believe. However, it makes no difference whatsoever to the point I was making.

27 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Ron Willems signed from AZ.

Now feel free to depress me and ask who?

Archived