Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

De Sart useless. Totally pointless. Both in defence and attack. 

Alex Pearce... if you leave him long enough he tackles himself. He's a Shackell clone. Can't pass won't pass

Seriously all you have to do to win possession and get at Derby is drop the ball on the DM's or drop the ball on any defender and wait for when they knock it onto defensive midfield. You can pick that ball up all day long when Johnson isn't playing. 

It's a truly fooked up squad. Our best fit defensive midfielder was a left midfielder at his last club. We have 3 strikers on the pitch and only one of them playing up front. We want to play out from the back and we have 2 of the worst footballing CB's I've ever seen at Derby.

As in here's Dean Leacock 

Here's Shaun Barker

Here's Pearce and Shackell. 

Who can we bring on? Anya? Camara? Or Russell is somehow still our best left winger after all the money spent on attacking forwards since 2014.

It's a mess. Forget effort and heart

Wtf is playing your heart out anyway? How do you measure "heart"?

It's a squad that doesn't fit into anyway of playing that suits enough of the players.

And to win possession off Derby just get the ball in the air. Ball won. Easy. Bit of pressure on Olsson and Pearce and they'll hoof it themselves

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Do you think Steve McClaren wanted us to play like that? Or do you think he wants us to play how we did when we destroyed Brighton in the playoffs?

He can't get us playing to those levels with these players. He can't. Nor could Pep Guardiola, Antonio Conte or Carlo Ancelotti. No manger in the world, past or present, could get this current lot playing like Championship champions.

Because the squad is so unbalanced, loaded with average, overpaid, unmotivated players.

So basically you are taking all responsibility from McClaren?

He's made two changes - don't you think that shows some blame?

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mac has got the starting XI wrong.

But let's not get carried away. The squad needs big changes this summer. Why put the blame on the current manager who has come in, taken over an unbalanced squad without Thorne, Martin, Hendrick and Fozzy, and taken us on playoff form.

Calling for him to go now is mindboggling. Are you really that stupid?

Give the guy a summer to reshape the squad.

Agree,

fozzy the biggest miss with CM9 2nd

Just now, McLovin said:

Hughes was set to go to Southampton a few years ago before McClaren got sacked and Clement convinced him to stay 1 more season. Wouldn't surprise me if Hughes' agent has already found a club and McClaren's preparing for life after Hughes. Ince will also be gone because his dad wants him to go to a premier league club. 

I don't blame either of them. If I was a player with any ambition, I would be out of here lot a shot.

1 minute ago, Justa said:

So basically you are taking all responsibility from McClaren?

He's made two changes - don't you think that shows some blame?

McClaren has made an error in judgement in regards to our starting XI. But even if he played his best XI, we'd probably still lose as it's a mish-mash of a squad.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Do you think Steve McClaren wanted us to play like that? Or do you think he wants us to play how we did when we destroyed Brighton in the playoffs?

He can't get us playing to those levels with these players. He can't. Nor could Pep Guardiola, Antonio Conte or Carlo Ancelotti. No manger in the world, past or present, could get this current lot playing like Championship champions.

Because the squad is so unbalanced, loaded with average, overpaid, unmotivated players.

Bris, it gives me no pleasure to make my observation, and that's all it is, my observation, not fact. I just wonder why he can't say something like,  lads I know this isn't ideal but show me some desire, that's all I'm asking.

There's too many in this squad not busting a gut for me mate.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

McClaren has made an error in judgement in regards to our starting XI. But even if he played his best XI, we'd probably still lose as it's a mish-mash of a squad.

Oh that makes it OK then?

Archived