Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is a former national team coach's idea of how the game should be played...bland and gutless spring to mind.

On the positive side, Pearce won a header in the 37th minute without grappling with anyone or pulling the shirt off their back.

I think SM needs to shoulder the blame with his team selection

As soon as i saw the starting line up i was concerned,is it true he as fell out with Hughes as he must be having a right laugh sat on the bench watching this shambles.

Its a pity you can only use 3 subs 

The season can't end quick enough for me, if it carries on like this we're gonna either need a massive overhaul in the summer or risk the rut continuing well into next season.

Never felt so disillusioned with our football, yeah I've seen some dross over the years but I kinda knew we were dross and accepted it, this lot however were expected to challenge :( 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mac has got the starting XI wrong.

But let's not get carried away. The squad needs big changes this summer. Why put the blame on the current manager who has come in, taken over an unbalanced squad without Thorne, Martin, Hendrick and Fozzy, and taken us on playoff form.

Calling for him to go now is mindboggling. Are you really that stupid?

Give the guy a summer to reshape the squad.

Are u stupid enough to give McClaren money to spend?

Surprise, surprise, changing manager annually, going through periods of signing anything that moves and changing style every season has caught with us.

Difficult to watch, but what's everyone expecting away to IMO the best team in the league? Feel sorry for McClaren and the players, as much as I think they've given up on this season, they've been ****** by outside factors.

Vydra shouldn't have to be playing at left wing, Nugent shouldn't be having to play at CAM, Butterfield isn't a DM and Baird + Pearce shouldn't be a CB partnership.

***** situation, ***** performance.

PistoldPete2
18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Biggest difference between the two teams is attitude. Brighton get the ball, they're aggressive and run at our players. They have 5 or 6 capable of carrying the ball and do it as often as possible. It's positive.

Aside from Ince we have nobody out there doing this. It's all sideways and backwards slow passing. It's terrible. 

Agree we are slow and lethargic. vydra has done ok. Midfield is non existent. Just like the last 15 minutes against Preston. Just the wrong formation, and pretty obviously so from the start. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mac has got the starting XI wrong.

But let's not get carried away. The squad needs big changes this summer. Why put the blame on the current manager who has come in, taken over an unbalanced squad without Thorne, Martin, Hendrick and Fozzy, and taken us on playoff form.

Calling for him to go now is mindboggling. Are you really that stupid?

Give the guy a summer to reshape the squad.

He had but I agree, I think he's trying out different things, we aren't going up lets use the rest of the season as an extended pre season

i'm having a lousy evening.  Went to get some chicken and at the drive through counter half my change blew away with the wind.  At a red turn signal i realize i can't find my wallet and like an idiot open the door to take a half step outside to see if i can spot my wallet on the floor from there.  The car was still in drive and as soon as i released the brake it of course went straight into the Skoda in front of me, crushing his fender.  Wife was less than pleased with me and then i see this shambles of a football match.  i better not go out again tonight, liable to break my neck

Surely the hope that martin returns from Fulham and that Thorne stays fit is enough to give mac the managers job for next season. A few injuries into the season and we will be back to square one. Sorry new manager required here.

Butterfiekd has never been a good player. 

Baird should never be anything more than a back up. 

Pearce cannot play without Keogh.. (all the keogh has a fault a game crew) 

de sart is not a CDM 

no ball retainer again. 

Bent is a luxury not a lone striker 

needs a quick change at half time.. Hughes to control the ball bryson the runner/ niggler

mighf as well take a chance with Bennett seasons over 

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

And this is a former national team coach's idea of how the game should be played...bland and gutless spring to mind.

On the positive side, Pearce won a header in the 37th minute without grappling with anyone or pulling the shirt off their back.

Do you think Steve McClaren wanted us to play like that? Or do you think he wants us to play how we did when we destroyed Brighton in the playoffs?

He can't get us playing to those levels with these players. He can't. Nor could Pep Guardiola, Antonio Conte or Carlo Ancelotti. No manger in the world, past or present, could get this current lot playing like Championship champions.

Because the squad is so unbalanced, loaded with average, overpaid, unmotivated players.

Archived