Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

De sart may as well not be playing. Responsible for both goals.

Doesnt really matter though since we wont score until christmas at this rate.

Bit harsh on De Sart  I think but he definitely doesn't look strong enough in there.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mac has got the starting XI wrong.

But let's not get carried away. The squad needs big changes this summer. Why put the blame on the current manager who has come in, taken over an unbalanced squad without Thorne, Martin, Hendrick and Fozzy, and taken us on playoff form.

Calling for him to go now is mindboggling. Are you really that stupid?

Give the guy a summer to reshape the squad.

People will always look for a scapegoat andthe manager is usually top of the list...

We have no central midfield at all. McLaren has to take some responsibility for the performance so far. Hopefully we can show some fight this 2nd half. Just when I thought De Saat couldn't be any more ineffective he sets up the 2nd goal with another weak challenge.

Still 45 to play, can only improve so COYR!

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mac has got the starting XI wrong.

But let's not get carried away. The squad needs big changes this summer. Why put the blame on the current manager who has come in, taken over an unbalanced squad without Thorne, Martin, Hendrick and Fozzy, and taken us on playoff form.

Calling for him to go now is mindboggling. Are you really that stupid?

Give the guy a summer to reshape the squad.

He got his finishing xi wrong against Preston too. And he got his January signings wrong too... Bringing in de sart. In fact he's got a lot wrong. 

Expected nothing less to be honest, but I just can't believe how easy it is to bypass our midfield. 1 direct low ball into the striker takes out the whole midfield. Why can't we do this? All we do is loft hopeful balls hoping to win headers. 

Nugent is playing the number 10 role but he never actually occupies the space when we attack, we never have anybody in that little pocket between defence and midfield. We actually looked better when Nugent was playing upfront

Sky pundits saying we have no quality up front. Yet, before the game, they said any manager would take a Nugent or Bent in their side.

Problem is our midfield not feeding our forwards. Butterfield needs to come off for Hughes, take Bent off and stick Russell on with Nugent up top, Vydra playing in behind.

I'm a Mac fan but this team selection is totally wrong. Add to that his substitutions v PNE and I have to say he's lost the plot. For BHA this is a training match...they may as well take their shin pads off & roll their socks down... Put Murray in goal and their keeper up front. The solution is 4-3-3 with Hughes and Bryson on...but Mac is stubborn so expect nothing 2nd half. Peter Beagrie wants shooting with a ball of his own ****... 

Anyone who thinks De Sart is a good player is a clueless fool. The kids out of his depth get him off and get rid. Yet I'm sure the replies will come, he's technically gifted, he's a great passer blah blah blah, he's f@@king useless arghhhhhh fuming :angry: and Wills on the bench?!?!?

3 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

If SM isn't playing Hughes because they had a row, then he is putting his own ego above the good of the club.

if that's the case he can jog on as far as I'm concerned.

Hughes was set to go to Southampton a few years ago before McClaren got sacked and Clement convinced him to stay 1 more season. Wouldn't surprise me if Hughes' agent has already found a club and McClaren's preparing for life after Hughes. Ince may also be gone because his dad wants him to go to a premier league club. 

Archived